18

~Vincent's POV~ (I've missed him so much!!!)

"I don't know if this will work," a distant voice says.

"Just try it," speaks another.

"Here goes nothing."

All of a sudden I'm shrinking, wanting to scream in pain because the wings in my back are pulling back in. Everything hurts until I feel small and slimy. Like a slug or a snail almost.

"And now for the Maiden's Kiss."

Maiden's Kiss? As in the medical supply or... If it's that, I hope Tifa does it and not Yuffie. Ew. Bleh. Shudder. Suddenly I'm growing larger again, feeling... Normal. Open your eyes Vince. I can't... I try to move my fingers, which works, so I slowly reach up and feel my closed eyes, a silence around me. I can still sense their presence though, so it's kind awkward to open my eyes with my hand, but it works. Tifa stares back at me, eyes wide and excited, and the long scars running down her cheek. Oh Tifa. I'm so sorry.

"It worked! Yuffie you genius!" She squeals, hugging the smaller girl. Yuffie laughs and hugs her back, but there seems to be something different. It seems forced and there's an unmistakable hurt in her eyes. Did something happen to Cloud? No, it's a look I've seen Lucrecia wear before. A mother's pain... The kids.

"The twins." I mutter, frowning at her. Her smile drops and she looks at the floor.

"Are no longer the twins. It's just Kara now."

Her monotone words hit something in my chest as I lay my head back down. It's hard not to imagine the two toddlers together. Little Michael clinging to my leg while Kara won all the attention. How he would call me 'Bincent' and talk about how cool I am. His poor parents... I wonder how Cloud's holding up through all this.

"You're awake," Tifa finally chokes out.

"Nope, totally asleep," I smirk and Yuffie laughs the tiniest bit to herself.

"He's back."

"I can't believe it," Tifa breathes, yanking me into a tight hug. I chuckle and hold her close, missing her warmth and her scent.

"I missed you," I mutter by her ear, kissing her cheek.

"I'll be out there," Yuffie smirks," closing the door behind her when she leaves.

"I missed you too," she whispers, hugging me tighter. She acts like it's been forever... But a few days is forever without her, as cheesy as it sounds. I pull away from her embrace and push my lips to hers, missing the perfect pressure of her kiss.

"I love you," I mumble against her mouth.

She doesn't reply, only wraps her arms around my neck to pull me closer. I missed this so much, it's better than sitting in the dark and listening to all the sounds of what is going on, from he screaming match between Cloud and Yuffie over the mids that ended in Cloud getting slapped to Cid worrying about Shera. What happened to her anyway?

"You missed a lot," she says after she pulls away.

"I could still hear, it just felt like I couldn't move."

"But what about when you... Fought with us?" She says slowly, choosing her words carefully. I brush the back of my hand across the scars on her face and sigh.