30

YAY CHAPTER 30! HAHA, CHAPTER 30 IN BOOK 1 WAS VERY DEPRESSING, SO I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS CHAPTER 30 NOT SO DEPRESSING. M'KAY?

~Yuffie's POV~

The sound of the hospital room door opening wakes me up, making my head lift off the mattress and turn to see the intruder. Tifa and Barret. And then Vincent follows behind. Lovely. Because I totally wanted company at eight in the morning while at my husband's bedside. I'm kinda hungry, actually, but it can wait. Tifa and Barret sit down quietly, brownish eyes observing me. Vincent just stands in the back corner and surprises me by being the first to speak up for once.

"He woke up yet?"

"Not really," I yawn, sitting up straight. "He did move and kinda respond to me and Cid though." Three pairs of eyes and a raised eyebrow look at me expectantly. "Like when we asked if he could hear us, he kept using his hand as a response kind of thing."

"Hmm," Vince glances over at the unconscious man.

"Oh, happy birthday by the way," Tifa grins at me.

"Thanks," I reply flatly, watching Cloud's face while he sleeps. He looks so peaceful, no stress or worries etched on his face.

"How old are you now, twenty three?" She presses.

"Yeah." Same I don't care tone.

"Seems like yesterday you were an annoying teenager," Barret leans back into his seat. "Now you're an annoying woman."

"Thanks," I break in a sarcastic smile. All is quiet for a moment before Tifa sighs.

"I'm sorry that we left you two behind. This wouldn't have happened if I had just..."

"It's not your fault. I made you leave me," I remind her.

"But..."

"No."

The door opens again and my annoying nurse enters, clip board in hand.

"Miss Yuffie? I just need you for a moment."

"Fine," I mutter, standing and following her out of the room.

"So I have your breakfast over here and your medication..."

"I'm not hungry," I say, turning to walk back.

"Yuffie," she sighs. "You have to eat, especially in your current state. You do realize your about fifty pounds underweight? Probably more."

"So?"

"So you need to eat this. If you do I'll... I'll let you skip lunch," she says reluctantly, knowing that she probably shouldn't do that. I think about her offer for a moment.

"I'm fine." And I make my escape before she can bug me again.

"We're heading out for breakfast," Tifa says when I enter the room. "Want us to get you anything?"

"No." Why is everyone bothering me about eating? I really don't feel good right now, especially not in the morning.

"Alright..."

I get one last pitying look from Tifa before the small group leaves. And the minute they do, I run to the connecting bathroom and lose my dinner from last night. Ugh... Puking is the worst... After that, I force myself to go back to Cloud's bedside. The door swings open right when my butt meets the chair, but I ignore them, laying my cheek against the mattress. I'm so tired.... I just want him to wake up for real, open those bright eyes. They said the left side had the mako removed from it just in case, so I might get to see what color his eyes were before Hojo drenched him in the stuff.