49

~Yuffie's POV~

"BARRET!" I practically scream, twisting in his arms only to see Vincent's the one holding me back. I hatefully pound on his chest and shove at him, trying to get free. "VINCE, LET GO!"

"Yuffie, calm down," Tifa lays a hand on my shoulder. I can't seem to calm my heavy breathing. I feel like I'm dying. You are, half of your heart is missing. My head feels light and I can already feel myself choking on sobs that fight to stay down. Why?! What did I ever do to you, you stupid planet!?!?

"I c.. I can't," I stumble over my words. Then Vincent does something unexpected. He pulls me tighter against him and rubs my back soothingly. He's Cloud's best friend. Of course he feels obligated to take care of me. I feel bad for soaking his shirt, but he doesn't seem to really care.

"Oh, look how sad," a deep, dark voice sneers and I tense. "The poor little girl fell for such a gullible man."

"You sick LIAR," I hiss at him, turning away from Vincent.

"Did you expect an honest man, child? I will do anything for Mother, you should know this by now."

"I can't believe you," I glare at him. "What is you're problem?! Why can't you stay dead!? Why can't you leave my family alone?!"

"Life doesn't work that way," he sneers.

"Yo!" A familiar voice echoes through the crater. "Anyone home?"

"Great, now we got the Turks to deal with too," Barret grumbles. Tifa, who also looks like she was just crying, spins to see a my favorite redhead and baldy stumbling over.

"Man, you would not believe those elixer things," Reno dusts his suit off as he makes his way over. He suddenly stops when both a hand gun and a spear are dangerously pointed at him. "Whoa guys, I.."

"Ya got guts comin back to her," Cid nods toward me. Sephiroth chuckles.

"Well this should be interesting," he smirks. "Ready, Avalanche. Plus two idiots, of course."

"Who're you callin an idiot!" Reno glares at him.

"You, Turk."

"Am not!" He yells, pulling out his rod. And of course Sephy does his traditional move. This has to be a nightmare. Reno cries out more in surprise than pain as the blade goes through him. Rude seems to snap out of a daze and he covers for his partner, swinging at Sephiroth. The silver haired man singlehandedly grabs his wrist and flips the Turk onto his back.

"Daz it!" Barret yells, shooting. Sephiroth takes his sword out, which makes Reno hiss again, and blocks the bullets, bright red blood flying from his sword as he does so. Cid tosses me the Cure materia and Tifa hands me the sack of elixer. I run over to Reno and kneel beside his impaled body, chugging down the nasty potion before grabbing the materia.

"Yuffie..." The Turk croaks.

"Shh," I hush him, concentrating in my magic spell. It does nearly nothing for him, but I still hand him on of the elixers anyway. He sighs and sets the vial down before even opening it. "It's not gonna work, ya know."

"I said to be quiet."

"No, you said 'Shh'." He smirks half heatedly.

"Reno, shut up."