46

~Cloud's POV~

I wake up alone. Where did she go? Then I hear the sound of vomiting in the other room and remember. Morning sickness. We've been in Wutai for a week and a half now, and Denzel is pretty held up with school, so we usually spend the day outside. No, that's a lie. We spent the two days after the Reno incident at the palace because she didn't want to run into him and have me kick his butt all the way to the Lifestream. He finally stopped calling Yuffie, thank goodness. If it weren't for Rude, one of us two would be in the hospital right now.

"Good morning," she gives me a wobbly smile when she gets out of the bathroom. Jeebus woman! Where'd your shirt go?! Oh wait... That's a bikini. I love how I wasn't bothered by her lack of pants....

"Morning," I grumble back, holding the blankets tighter around me. She sighs and crouches in front of my face. Why is she in a bathing suit at seven thirty in the morning?

"I love your morning voice," she teases. "It's so much deeper than your normal one. Hotter too," she winks. I roll my eyes and smile at her teasing. She leans over and kisses me gently. Then she stands and goes back to whatever she was going before. I would love that suit in her except for the fact that those bruises are still there. Fading, but there. And Shawn's already asked me if I did that. Stupid midriff shirts...

"Yeah?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Mhmm."

"Why are you wearing that?" I furrow my eyebrows and prop my head up.

"The have an indoor swimming pool here," she shrugs. "Gotta have everything in a palace, right?"

"I'm coming," I stand and stretch. I feel her arms slip around my waist as I lift my arms over my head.

"My training has done you well, babe."

"Really?"

"Yup," she smiles up at me. "Hurry up and get changed."

I nod and do as I'm told before following her out and down the hall to the pool. She drives right in and floats back up to the surface.

"It's warm!"

"Well it's gonna be warm if you pee in it," I smirk.

"I did not!" She glares at me.

"You sure?" I raise an eyebrow and step in. She still doesn't know...

"Yes, Cloud. I am not two, I know how to hold my bladder."

"Speaking of two year olds..." I trail off.

"Shawn has her for today," she waves me off.

"That's good," I nod, sticking to water that doesn't go higher than six feet. She, on the other hand, swims around like Mr. Dolphin in the eight foot part, the deepest it gets.

"Cloud, get over here!" She waves me over to the other side.

"I'm good," I shake my head. She groans and paddles over.

"Even in the water, your hair never ceases to amaze me."

"Is that so?"

"Quit talking like Red and get over there."