9

~Yuffie's POV~

I peek into the twins' room one last time before closing the door quietly and going to our room. Barret's loud and obnoxious snoring can be heard even up here and I'm so about to stuff a bunch of bananas down his throat. Opening the dresser, I search for something comfortable to wear to bed. Cloud comes out of the bathroom minutes later, hair dripping wet and a spikey mess and clinging to the towel around his waist. Dude, is it really that hard to take clothes with you into the bathroom? Really?

"How many times are you going to shower today?" I laugh.

"I'm sorry that I don't like to smell like sweat and dirt?" He raises an eyebrow before moving around me.

"Well neither do I but..."

"I know, I know. Girls are so perfect and they never sweat or get dirty or do anything wrong, right?"

"Cloud Strife, you better than anyone had better know I'm nothing like that," I laugh again, poking his nose. He jerks his head back.

"Stop, you're taking away my manliness."

"Your manliness was never there, sir."

"Excuse me, but I think..."

"I wasn't talking about that!" I groan, covering my face.

"You sure?" he smirks.

"Yes! I'm positive! Geeze!"

"Okay," he shrugs.

I sit on the bed and dig through the bedside table, fiddling with random pens and junk. Cloud drops his towel and I squeal, burying my face into a pillow.

"I did not need to see that, Cloud."

"Sorry," he chuckles.

"I'm forever scarred by the Cloud butt."

"Hey, you said my butt was cute," he protests.

"A long time ago, buddy."

"Aw. That's not nice."

"Just get dressed so that I can stop freaking suffocating myself."

"You're such a girl," he ruffles my hair before going back into the bathroom.

"No duh," I roll my eyes. "What did you think I was, a..."

A violent shake rumbles through the whole house and I let out a small noise of surprise. Clinging to the wall and ignoring my stupid motion sickness, I move to the window, peeking outside. Balls of flames pour from the sky. Men in Shinra uniforms shoot at random, killing women and children that cling to each other as they run, and men that hold precious possessions of theirs in their hands. Someone knocks on my door and flings it open, Vince and Tifa standing in the doorway.

"We've gotta get outta here," Vincent grabs my arm and pulls me toward the doorway. I shake my head and yank my limb free.

"Just..." The bathroom door opens and I confused Cloud stumbles out, trying not to fall in the violent rolling of the house.

"What the heck is going on?"

"No idea, but we've got Shinra people out there shootin and fire fallin from the sky," Barret says, now awake and gun arm ready to go.

"Get the kids up," Cloud commands and digs under out bed for something.

I follow his demands and shake the two toddlers awake. How are they still asleep? This is not Mother Nature's vibration setting, y'all. Mikey rubs one of his dark brown eyes and Kara yawns.