19

~Yuffie's POV~

"Wait, so you're telling me that Shera's pregnant and you fear for your life?" Barret raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms.

"Ugh, stop saying that word!" Cid groans, burying his face in his hands.

"Okay, geeze. Daddy nerves," Cloud scoffs, leaning back in his chair.

"Shut up," the pilot scowls at him and I laugh. Poor guy's terrified. He's not a big kid person and it's not helping that Shera is ecstatic about this.

"Hey, I was just teasing," he defends. I absent mindedly play with his spiky hair. I'm actually surprised he's not complaining.

"You look emo," I laugh, flopping all of the spikes over to one side of his head so that they cover his eyes.

"... Thanks?"

"No problem."

"Any sign of Sephiroth?" Red yawns.

"Nope. Nothin. He wasn't in the Nibel hideout, right?" Barret looks at us. I ignore the pang that rings through my heart and nod.

"It was scary how quiet it was, actually."

"Hmm," Cid hums and lights a cigarette. I grimace and try to avoid the smell. I can't imagine what color his lungs are by now. I'm just glad Cloud hasn't touched one for awhile.

"Now you're a chocobo," I grin.

"Gotta live up to my name," Cloud replies simply, smiling and poking my forehead randomly.

"I wonder what would happen if you put Cloud in a pen with a bunch of female chocobos," Barret wonders it loud.

"Bad things," Cait laughs.

"Ew," Cloud crinkles his nose. He's so cute...

"Yuffie, stop gawking at Cloud," Red rolls his eye. "We all know you'd be jealous of the chocobos."

"Um..." I blush raising my eyebrows at the smirking animal.

"It's true," Cloud grins cheekily up at me. I scoff and shake my head.

"Can we not talk about this? It's getting more awkward as we go."

"Please," Cid groans, rubbing his temples.

"Here you go," Shera comes into the room, setting a steaming mug in front of her husband.

"The benefits of making you my tea slave," he chuckles, silently protesting when she kisses his temple.

"Aw, look it's the Highwind couple," Cloud teases and Shera laughs to herself.

"Aw look, it's the Strifes," Cid shoots back, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, no smoking inside," Shera pulls the cigarette from his mouth and drops it on to the aluminum floor.

"Hey!" He protests.

"Or around me," she reminds him and he groans again.

"Wow Cid, you're so excited," Cait chuckles.

"I know, right?"

"Don't be such a bum," Shera scoffs, ruffling Cid's hair with both her hands and making his goggles fall down lopsidedly over his face.

"I can't see," he complaints, batting her hands away and pushing them back up.

"They're so cute," Tifa whispers to Vincent. He rolls his eyes.

"Now you're a pineapple!" I squeal, his hair standing on end.

"Lovely."

"Hang on, I'll fix it," I bite my lip in concentration, trying to figure this out. He scoffs and pushes my hands out of his staticky hair.