35

~Cloud's POV~

Vincent paces back and forth in front of me in the training room, tugging at the roots of his hair.

"Don't worry about it, Vince. He'll be fine."

"Cloud, he's a freaking kid. I don't know how to take care of a kid! I don't even remember my own parents!"

"Chill," I groan. "It's not that hard. Besides, he's a teenager. They're independent. Well, most of them anyway."

"He could be ten for all you know," he scowls.

"I doubt that. He looks about Denzel's age."

"And how old's he?"

"Fourteen. And a half." Vincent blinks at me for a second before sighing.

"That's it? He looks like he would be older."

"Eh, he's Denz. What do you expect?"

My friend groans and sits down on the edge of a bed, still frustrated. I feel kinda bad for him, but I don't know why he's freaking out over this. It's just a kid. It'll be like his own little Denzel. Okay, forget I just said that. I sound like a baby doll salesman. Or Don Corneo. Ew... I'm never cross dressing again.

"But still, I don't... He'll probably hate me for not saving his mom and I don't know how to make up for it or anything. I can't..."

"Vincent, really. You sound like a retard. Just relax. Make up for it? Since when does Vincent Valentine make up for anything?"

"Since when does Vincent Valentine let one of his few friends die?" He glares at me.

"For the last time, you are not some freaking super hero. You can't save everyone and everything just because you have Chaos, alright?"

"I know," he sighs. "Which is why I can't save or help anyone, I'm a stinking demon for Pete's sake."

"That's not what I meant," I frown.

"But that's what you were getting at, right?"

"No."

Thumping noises can be heard on the stairs until Yuffie steps down onto the wooden floor. Then she freezes, glancing over toward the targets wistfully.

"Am I interrupting a guy moment?"

"Yuffie, tell Vincent that taking care of Denzel isn't hard."

"He's a brat," she says seriously.

"He is not!" I defend.

"Yeah, cuz he's your little angel," she counters. "And if I'm all clear, then I'd like to humor myself with chucking sharp objects into a target."

"I've gotta go find Tifa," Vincent says and makes his escape. Wouldn't be surprised if one day announced that he had separation anxiety.

"So what happened to your amazing exercising plan?" Yuffie smirks at me once he leaves. I roll my eyes and sit down on a crate.

"Didn't have one."

"Oh cmon. We all know I married you for the abs," she laughs teasingly.

"Really? So when I get old and flabby you won't love me anymore?" I tease back.

"No way, Mr. Saggy." Then she tugs my arm and makes me stand. "But seriously, Barret's gonna come torture you if you don't get your strength back up."

"Fine," I grumble.

"On the floor, now!" She demands. "And give me 200 push ups." Oh geeze. After that whole cell and hospital ordeal? This might burn for awhile...