14

~Cloud's POV~

The sound of someone screaming is what wakes me up, not the gentle shaking on my shoulder cashed by Yuffie's small hand. I frown and sit up quickly.

"Whoa there buddy, you were just out. Why don't you..."

"Is that Vince?" I ask, confused. She listens at the screams for something to "get out" and nods.

"Think so."

"I'll be right back," I stand and leave the room. She groans in frustration and follows me.

"I might need to help," she answers when I give her a questioning look. Shrugging, I turn back around and follow the noises, which suddenly disappear.

"Is he o... Whoa." I stop, taking in the sight of the... Creature before me.

"Sleeping beauty has awoken," Cid chuckles, nervously glancing over at Vince.

"What happened?" Yuffie asks breathlessly, obviously as taken aback as I was.

"I don't know," Tifa shakes her head. "He just stumbled out here holding his head and then he tripped. That's when he started screaming and holding his head. And he just kept saying 'get out'."

The first gruesome part of this I notice is the blood dripping off his bare back around the two wings that seemed to have sprouted uninvited. He wouldn't be bleeding if Chaos had done this. The normal web of hardened redness comes off his face, but again, if this was a Chaos thing, his skin would be ashen gray and look like he had stitched it together himself. His skin was still pale white, almost glowing like always. Long clawed fingers replace his hands and his teeth can be seen poking out over his lips in sharp, dagger like points. An involuntary shudder racks down my spine and I'm forced to look away.

"What the heck is that thing?!" Barret jumps when he enters the room, his gun arm aimed at Vincent.

"Vincent. It's a Vincent, Barret," Cait Sith bounces up and down.

"Will you stop?" Kunsel glares at him. The cat robot freezes and gives me a look before scampering away. Where the heck did his mog go? Not gonna lie, I miss the fat marshmallow thing.

"I guess someone should get him to the room Cloud was just in," Yuffie sighs. "I don't know what I would do with him though. Maybe just stop the bleeding."

"I think this guy tripled in weight," Kunsel huffs, the load a little too much for even him. Barret lends him a hand and together the two strong men stumble after Yuffie as she leads the way back to the clinic like room.

"You know, I've been thinking. Well, worrying actually," Cid looks at me and frowns. I furrow my eyebrows. Cid wasn't a big worrier, nothing seemed to really daunt him. Unless it came to Shera... Oh crap.

"What?" I have a feeling I know where this is going.

"If Sephiroth has your kids and Shera was watching them, what happened to her?" His voice is tight and his blue eyes void of any brightness.

"Have you called her?"

"Actually, no," he frowns. "I didn't think it'd work."

"Well try now then," I shrug. What kind of husband doesn't call his wife when he's worried about her? Cid, that's who. He touches a few buttons before holding the speaker up to his ear, hand jammed in his pocket as he waits. From where I stand I can hear the voice message she left and he sighs, snapping the cellphone shut.

"Nothin."

"Just leave a message, maybe she's asleep?" I suggest despite how stupid it is. He rolls his eyes and dials her number again. This time his brows come together and he slowly walks back and forth.