10

~Cloud's POV~

"You what?!" Barret growls, glaring at Yuffie as she finishes her explanation.

"I know, he turned on us last time, I'm just asking for..."

"You kiddin me? Yuffie, he almost killed you."

"And? He had no choice, not to mention that he also saved my life." You've got a point there.

"But he's Rufus Shinra. He'll use deceit and fear to gain control and when he does, there's no turning back," Cid tries to convince Yuffie that trusting the president would be wrong.

"And? Every time we've overpowered him. If something goes wrong, he goes bye bye."

"Why do we need the Turks anyway," Red yawns. "They tried to kill us beforehand."

"They were only doing what they were told. Besides, Rude made sure to try and avoid us because of his little crush on Tifa." Tifa turns red and hides her face in Vincent's cloak. He gives her a disapproving look.

"I don' know, Yuff. I mean..."

"Look, you said you would listen and I only said two sentences before Barret spontaneously combusted."

"Then keep talking," Cait sighs, waving one metal arm at her.

"Like I said, Rufus wants our trust again. The Turks are technically still under his control until they die. Which also means we might want tot think about our trust in them, but anyways, we have many reasons not to be fighting against him. One, the Turks are good allies to have. Two, he still has all of Shinra working for him. Three, the whole Wutai thing isn't is fault. He simply told them to surround the palace so that he could talk to Shawn in private. Instead, those idiots decided to kill innocent people as if they were under the rule of his father. Who is very dead."

"I still don't think we should trust him," Barret shakes his head.

"Barret, I ban you from speaking. Anyone else have a voice?" She demands, hand on her hip as she looks around at our faces, her eyes locking with mine.

"I think we should and if anything goes wrong, just kill him again," Vince finally speaks up.

"Again? Obviously he wasn't dead," Cid scoffs.

"Dead?" Kars giggles loudly. "What's dead?"

"It's asleep," Tifa says quietly.

They argue over the issue for awhile before finally dragging me into the situation.

"Cloud, cmon. You're our leader. What do you think?" Barret looks at me.

"Hey! I banned you!" Yuffie says sharply, making him cringe.

"Hmm," I hum to myself. After a few seconds of pondering over the subject. "I think we should do it."

"You're kidding me," Cid's face drops. "You little..."

"There are kids here, Cid," Vincent sighs, bored.

"And?"

"Listen, Vincent's right. We can always break it off or if it gets too bad kill him. He wasn't that bad of a guy before and he certainly can't get as bad as he was two years ago. Sephiroth can force anyone to do anything, fear isn't exactly a good tactic to have for a dude like him."

"You've lost it. All y'all did," Barret stands, leaving the room.

"Some people just never grow up," I mutter and he flicks me off before disappearing around a corner. Kara giggles and returns the gesture. I close her fist quickly and ignore the laughs behind me.