56

I FEEL SO HORRIBLE ABOUT THIS CHAPTER... FORGIVE ME GUYS!! T.T

~Cloud's POV~

I can't believe this. How could I have been so stupid? I can't fall asleep, not with what's awaiting Yuffie and the others in the morning. I have a feeling my death will be worse than the rest. That's alright. I deserve it. Yuffie turns in my hold, her now warm body curling up against my front. I sleepily pull her tighter to my body, kissing her cool forehead gently. She looks up at me, brown eyes looking darker than before.

"You're still awake?" She whispers.

"I can't sleep," I shrug.

"Neither can I." She loops her arms under mine and pulls me closer by the backs of my shoulder blades. She tucks her pointy chin into the crook of my neck and sighs. "I just hope it's quick."

"There's no such hope for me," I chuckle darkly and she bites down on her lip, pulling her head back to look me in the eye.

"We'll just have to pray that Tseng still has some decency then." I shake my head slightly and bring my mouth down to hers, pulling her close. Our last kisses... Hmm. Just doesn't sound right. More like a story title. She moves her arms to behind my neck and pulls me even closer for better access to my mouth. Thank goodness Cid is asleep, or we'd be getting a lecture about decency.

Yuffie rolls on top of me, blocking any escape, not that I wanted one. I pull away, panting for air, to see her smiling down at me. "Tired yet?"

"You're not helping," I roll my eyes. She laughs quietly and kisses along my jaw before laying the side of her head against my chest and closing her eyes.

"You aren't either, Mr. Insomniac."

"Well that makes you Mrs. Insomniac," I grin, kissing the top of her pine scented head before resting a hand on the small of her back, my other arm acting as a pillow.

"Goodnight," she yawns.

"Night."

The second I succumb to the heaviness of my eyelids, I'm in the same place I was when I jumped into the Lifestream in a practical suicide attempt. I blink at the brightness. The "sky" is actually bright green, moving slowly like the liquid it is. The ocean is crystal clear, the sand a soft powder under my boots.

"So you wish you could make the sacrifice for them all, huh?" I hear a voice behind me, ever upbeat and teasing.

"Yeah," I say quietly, looking down at the ground. "It's my fault they're in this mess."

"I don't think that's entirely true, but I won't beg you for the details of your depressing life," Zack grins at me and I chuckle despite the circumstances.

"Good."

"You know, you aren't the only one," he says, looking out at the water before he sits on the sand. I sit beside him slowly.

"What do you mean?"

"There are others who wish they could take everyone else's place."

"Who?" I frown, resting my arm against my one bent knee.