16

~Yuffie's POV~

Teeth, claws, horns, ripping me to pieces, shredding me alive. My mouth is open, but I don't feel like any sounds is coming through. I try to push the beast off me, glowing yellow eyes giving me a spiteful glare, bloodthirsty and uncaring. I can't breathe, I'm suffocation, I'm panicking, I'm dying, I'm....

Jolting awake, my eyes flying open. The first thing I see is a silver ceiling, followed by worried blue eyes when I turn my head. Panting, I forcefully yank him into a hug, to which he slowly responds. Why the heck did I have a nightmare about Vincent for heaven's sake? I swallow hard and then pull away, my eyes darting around the room to look for the other eyes I feel on me. Cid, Tifa, and Red look back at me, genuinely concerned or utterly confused, I can't tell.

"You alright?" Cloud asks, frowning.

"F-fine," I stutter, my heart pounding when I see Vince still laying in the floor and scoot a little farther away from him.

"So yeah, I'll go show you that thing now," Cid says, obviously hinting for the other two to leave us alone. They catch the hint he threw and follow him out of the room, the door closing behind them.

"You sure you're okay? You were we screaming really loudly," Cloud asks, brushing the back of his hand against my cheeks to wipe away salty tears I didn't know were there.

"I just... I don't get it," I shake my head.

"Don't get what?"

"I don't think I'm scared of him," I say to myself out loud, Cloud looking at me as if I just told him that I'm a man. Wait, how would that work...

"Scared of who?"

"But then why would I be freaking out about..."

"Yuffie!" he grabs my shoulders and turns me so that I'm looking at him. "What the heck are you talking about?"

"Vincent," I say absent mindedly.

"You had a nightmare about Vince?" He raises an eyebrow. Feeling ridiculous, I look down at my lap and shrug. Do I have any good reason to be scared of a monster other than the fact that he's a freaking demon? "Hey, I'm not judging," a gentle smile spreads across his lips and he kneels in front of me so that I down have to look way up because I'm sitting and he's standing.

I look up and stare into his blue irises, the brilliant color that I fell in love with along with the rest of him. Why does life have to suck for us? Why can't we just have a normal life? Of course, normality wasn't what drew us together. My hands slowly slide around under his arms and pull him back into a hug. This time he responds like he usually would, holding me and kissing the top of my head. He does that a lot actually. He said it's because he likes the way my hair smells. Which is a little creepy.

He only pulls away to place his lips on mine, gently kissing me as if I might shatter to a million pieces and he would lose me. My fingers lose themselves in his hair and his strong hands find my waist, pulling me closer, even as my legs go around his hips. Gradually, he loses control of his slow and gentle demeanor, our lip-fight building up. Yes, it's a lip fight. Don't judge.

"Aren't you supposed to be mad or something?" He mumbles.

"Shh."

He chuckles and continues the kiss a little rougher than before. Pushing me back against the operating table thing, he looms over me, one hand behind my back to lift me up toward him. My hands run over his smooth stomach, the creases between his hard abs finding my fingers. Suddenly, he breaks of laughing.