37

~Still Vincent's POV~

When we get back to the ship, Yuffie takes care of our injuries and I continue to puke up pieces of Sephiroth. Ugh... This is disgusting. I never meant to be a cannibal! Derek's avoided me since I transformed back into a human, probably terrified of me. Lots of people know I can transform, but not many are scared unless they see it themselves. This is probably one of those cases. That sucks...

"I'm so hungry," Cid says, looking at me when I finish being sick. I roll my eyes and go to the kitchen in search of anything to cook with. For someone who wants me to make them dinner so bad, he sure doesn't have any food for me to work with.

~|~|~|~|~

"Thanks for dinner, Vince," Shera smiles as she puts her plate in the sink. I nod and roll my sleeves up to my elbows, scrubbing the dirty dishes off.

"This was way better than whatever the heck Yuffie made us," Barret chuckles and she sends him a death glare.

"Says Mr. I-make-leather-out-of-steak!"

"Hey, I'm amazing and that's all there is to it," I smirk, taking the rest of the empty plates too.

"Geeze Vincent, were you a waiter or something?" Cloud teases and I shake my head.

"He can't stand having dirty dishes or laundry just laying around," Tifa sighs.

"You can't stand my cape," I counter.

"Hit the hay, all y'all youngins," Cid teases and stands. "I know I am."

"Hey Cid," Tifa calls after him. "Can you get at least me and Vince to Midgar tomorrow? We just have a few more things to do for the wedding."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll drop all the love birds off," he scoffs.

"Well," Cloud smirks. "That'd be almost all of us. You and Shera, Red and whoever the heck he's with, me and Yuffie, and Tifa and Vince."

"I'm forever alone," Cait sighs.

"Maybe if you'd stop obsessing over robots, you'd meet someone, Reeve," Yuffie rolls her eyes at the cat.

"Don't comment on my love life," he scoffs.

"What love life?" She shoots back. The robot gives an exasperated groan and plops down onto the floor.

"I'm only flyin ya over there, I ain't taking y'all on a date. Now get to bed, it's been a rough day," Cid yawns and leaves the room, Shera following with a sigh.

"The old man's right," Barret stretches. "Let's go."

"Okay," Derek says all to eagerly.

"Actually, why don't you stay behind and help Vincent?" Tifa suggests. No!

"Uh... Okay...."

"Good boy," she grins and turns to follow the flow of people exiting.

The tense, awkward silence between the two of us is thick enough to cut through with a knife. He puts away the left over and scrubs the counter while I keep washing the dishes. Finally I decide to speak up.

"Sorry if I scared you with the whole beast thing earlier."

"... You didn't. I just didn't expect it."

"You're pretty good with that boomerang," I turn and give him a small smile.

"Thanks," he returns it.