26

~Cloud's POV~

"Come back... No..."

I blink my eyes open tiredly, only the dim light of dawn to illuminate the room. Who was that? Yuffie, obviously. Sure enough, her small body is tensed up and shaking slightly. Somehow the blankets fell off in the middle of the night. That or Barret decided to yank them off for not reason. Which I highly doubt. I think he'd be too scared. Sighing and still half asleep, I crawl out of bed and throw the covers back over us. Then I debate on whether or not I should wake her up. Is it just a dream or a nightmare?

"Cloud..." She whimpers. "Cloud no... Don't leave me..."

Nightmare? Should I? I don't know... Maybe it'll pass? I'm not used to people having a nightmare and not screaming, mostly due to the fact that we've all been tortured or traumatized in some way.

"But.... Wait... Cloud, no..." What on earth am I doing in her dream? Killing her? "Cloud? Are you... CLOUD!" She suddenly sits upright, looking around her wildly and panting. Nightmare.

"You okay?" I sit beside her, accepting her clinging hug/tackle. Barret doesn't even stir. Of course, he can snore louder than she can yell, so he's not waking up anytime soon. Held in her warm embrace, I feel like I'm in heaven, but I'm curious to see what was wrong.

"Yeah, sorry," she says finally, but her arms never leave me, her cheek never losing its pressure on my chest.

"Don't be. You alright?"

"Yeah," she nods. You ever gonna let go?

"... Okay."

My eyelids feel heavy again, but I don't want to leave her to be the only one awake. Not that she would mind too much, just give her my phone and she'd be happy. But even while I try to fight sleep, I can't hold back Mich longer. Did I leave her in her dream? Is that what she's afraid of?

~|~|~|~|~

"Aw! That's so cute!" I hear a squeal and I frown, trying to block out the voices. "Do we have to wake them up?"

"Hm?" Yuffie stirs against me and I open my eyes, adjusting to the light quickly. Yuffie is still snuggled up against my body, her legs tangled with mine somehow, and my arm around her. Both of us are leaning up against the headboard. How is this so comfortable?

"Looks like you just did," Barret chuckles.

"Good morning!" Tifa jumps onto our bed and continues to bounce until I groan and throw the covers over our heads. "You two are so cute when you sleep."

"Holy Leviathan would you SHUT UP!?" The volume of Yuffie's voice escalates as she glares at Tifa. The long haired girl just smirks and bounces backward onto her butt.

"Why were you watching us sleep?" I yawn, stretching. Yuffie moves off the bed, running toward the bathroom when she realizes she's only wearing my shirt. My skin grows cold where her warmth once was.

"I dunno, but she's a frickin creep," Barret shakes his head, lacing up his big boots.

"I just came up to tell you that Cid called," she rolls her eyes.

"Why'd he call you and not me?" I say, whining slightly.

"He said he tried, but you never answered."

"I was asleep..."

"Exactly. But he also said that building the Shera might take longer than he thought, so Shera will call you later with an update on how fast we can get our transportation back."