32

~Cloud's POV~

"You will not... Ow!" Cid grits, glaring at Yuffie as she sews his wound up. "Speak of this." His hand grips Shera's tightly and I roll my eyes.

"Don't worry Cid. We already know how nervous you get around needles," Yuffie scoffs.

"What?! At least I don't have a phobia of people in white coats," he raises an eyebrow at me. My stomach churns at just the memory of being trapped in the Shinra basement and being tested on.

"Hojo," I wince. "Was not pleasant."

"And neither are needles." He swear loudly when Yuffie pokes at him again.

"Stop squirming!"

"It hurts!"

"You wouldn't let me give you the numbing shot!"

"It ain't my fault!"

"Cid," I sigh. "Just shut up."

"But..."

"No."

"Fine."

He only hisses a few curses every now and then until Yuffie bandages it up and lets him go with a couple 'don't get them wet or else' threats. The captain ignores her and walks off as if he wasn't ever stabbed, but we know that's not true. Yuffie sighs and pulls her bloodied rubber gloves off.

"He's so difficult. I don't know how Shera puts up with it."

"Me either," I shake my head and stand. "But I do know one thing."

"What's that?"

"You promised me a surprise when I was up and walking around the Highwind again," I grin with my arms crossed.

"That I did," she nods, readjusting her head band before walking past me. "Cmon."

I follow behind obediently, ignoring the growl of my stomach. It'll have to wait.

"Sit here," she commands. I nod and obediently sit in the edge of the bunk she points to. Then she leaves me alone to awkwardly sit there. I wonder what the heck got her so excited all of a sudden. I thought she was sick..?

"So what're you doing here?" Shera walks in, pulling a blanket from the linen closet. "Just staring at the floor for the fun of it?"

"Nah, Yuffie made me wait here."

"Wait is she..." She breaks off, wide eyed. "I know what she's doing!"

"This isn't some prank, is it?"

"No," she breaks into a grin and shakes her head. "But I think you'll like it."

"Okay..."

Then she's gone. This is too weird. What in the world is happening?

"I'm back!" She comes in seconds later with a small box in her hands. "So remember that one night about a month before all this stuff happened?"

"Which one?" We had Mikey then.

"The night you took me ice skating and it turned into somethin else?" She smirks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I feel my face warm up. She nods and tosses the box into my lap.