27

~Vincent's POV~

"We're heading out at ten again," Tifa announces, coming back into our inn room. "Those two are so cute when they sleep," she adds with a smile. I raise an eyebrow. Really? Teef, your a freaking creep.

"Um.." Cait Sith cocks his head to the side before shrugging. "That's nice. How's that Highwind guy holding up?"

"Dunno," I frown. "By the looks of it, we'll be walking for awhile."

"I don't mind," Red stretches. "Why don't we at least enjoy this town while we're here?"

"That's one of the most casual things I've ever heard you say," I grin. He sends me a small smile.

"Well I'm gonna go force Barret to go shopping with me," Tifa smirks. "My personal revenge."

"For what?"

"For nothing," she shrugs before leaving the room again.

"Hang on, you're engaged to that chick?" Cait Sith nods toward the closed door. I nod slowly. "I feel bad for you."

"Why?"

"No reason."

"... Okay." Then I stand and leave as well. Leaving the inn, I see a small garden near the building, a familiar ninja leaning up against one of the large trunks and throwing her knives into another trunk boredly.

"Sup," she looks at me.

"Nothin much. You?"

"Same."

I nod and then continue walking. I miss when I would time to myself. Even though the members of Avalanche are my friends, more than that in Tifa's case, I'm a generally solitary person. But it's not like there are any coffins I can lock myself in at the moment and I've discovered that I've gotten quite a case of claustrophobia, like Cloud. Suddenly I hear a rustle and the click of a gun. The man in dead before he can shoot me, my silencer silencing the gunshot. I'm about to check to see who it is, but I hear hushed voices. Confused and curious, I crouch in the shade, listening to the whispers.

"But Shinra and Avalanche at working together!"

"Then they're both gonna die. Look, I don't care, as long as we don't have people trying to put us down anymore."

"Maybe we could get them to surrender? There's no way we stand a chance against the terrorists." Heck no, you don't.

"And how would we do that?"

"Take one hostage. I've heard their leader is particularly fond of that little girl..."

"Because they're married, dimwit!" Then a pause. "But you have a point. I've heard they have a few kids, so not only would Strife be affected..." The voice breaks off into a dark laugh. "Let's get going, she's only little ways away and alone. It'll be an easy grab." Oh no you don't.

I stand to make my escape, but a twig snaps under my shoe and both men look at me. I freeze for a second before dashing off in Yuffie's direction. I would shoot back, but my gun is empty and I'm too busy dodging the shots fired at me. Yuffie looks up to see me running, the gunmen far behind. I clap a hand down over her mouth and pull her back into me, standing in the shadows. She struggles against my hold, finally just kicking me hard in the goods. SWEET MOTHER OF SHIVA..... HOLY CHEESE DOODLES, I'M IN PAIN!