53

~Vincent's POV~ (HAPPY THANKSGIVING!)

          Tseng makes it quite obvious that he despises Yuffie as he leads the way, ignoring all her chatting and constantly making her trip until Cloud finally gets her to back off. I don't know what Shinra is expecting from Cloud, but surely not a public execution. That doesn't sound like something he would do. And how could he execute someone very well with his giant sword? A person sliced in half doesn't sound like TV appropriate material, just saying.

"This place is so different," Tifa whispers, slipping her hand into mine.

"How?"

"I don't know. It's just that something feels wrong."

          We continue down the halls, Reno smirking and giving us a nod as we pass, winning at Yuffie. I remember what he said about loving her and sigh. It's almost like watching my past from a distance. Tseng unlocks a door and ushers us in, following behind quickly. Rufus stands by a large window, hands held behind his back as he stares out at the ocean a mile or two out. Then he turns to look at us, light hair paler in the sunlight that streams into the room. A camera crew is setting up and one woman smiles at me brightly.

"Hello Cloud. And the rest of you, of course."

"I'm not killing him for a camera."

"All I'm asking for is one bullet to the head," he nods toward Rude, who tosses a gun our leader's way. He catches it easily and frowns at it.

"What made you think I wanted to kill him?"

"He killed your son, did he not?" The president shrugs. "I just thought you may want your revenge. Besides, they had you locked away for two weeks in our underground base and nearly starved you and your lover to death. I imagine there may have not been much food supply left. Stale bread and water only go so far." Our. Food supply. Underground base. Could it just be a mistake or two? Cloud's eyes narrow suspiciously before he sighs.

"Fine."

"Bring in Mr. Strife," Tseng says into a walkie talkie. The double doors at the back open and two people in suits push Cloud's father into the room. Reno holds up his hand to give Elena a high five and she ignores him, nodding toward Rufus before standing by Tseng.

"Hey Yuff," Reno smirks at Yuffie and bumps her shoulder. "What's up, yo?"

"Reno, what school did you go to? The sky is up," She retorts with a smile. Cloud bites down on his lip and looks at his father with hatred that shouldn't be exchanged between family.

"So babe," The redhead leans against the wall with his hands in his back pockets. "After this is all over, wanna go grab lunch or something?" I can tell all Cloud wants to do is aim that gun at Reno's head right now.

"Sorry Turkey," she fluffs his hair. "I'm taken."

"It was just a friendly offer," he shrugs.

"So does that mean I can bring Cloud and the kids?"

"Uh... Sure." Cloud and I smile. It's obvious that he wanted it to be something more, but that's not gonna happen.

"I'll think about it," she smiles slyly and walks away.

"Are we ready?" The one of the camera crew asks. Cloud looks lost in thought.

"Bet you two hundred gil he's gonna do somethin stupid," Cid mutters to Barret.