44

~Yuffie's POV~

Taking a deep breath, I look around my old town. Shawn's done a good job of rebuilding the place. The whole east side of Wutai was destroyed, but the west is just fine. The town hasn't been this friendly since Godo. Cloud asked if Cid would drop him off in Nibelheim, which made me a bit confused, but I shrugged it off and asked to go to Wutai. I also earned some curious and suspicious looks, but I think that random make put thing he pulled me into in front of them eliminated both the looks and the amount of people in the cockpit. Can't say I didn't enjoy it. I might as well get Denzel, but he's better off staying in a home than staying in the palace. No, scratch that, I'll go free his friend of the brat.

I walk down the side of the road slowly, taking in both familiar and unfamiliar smells. Tea, pine trees, and fish. Smoke, fresh cut wood, and burning oil. Reid's house isn't hard to find, and his mother welcomes me right in. I wipe the dirt off my shoes before stepping onto her too-perfectly-white carpet. I can hear yelling upstairs, and recognize it as teenaged boys playing video games. Good thing it's Saturday.

"Boys! Mrs. Strife is here!" She calls up the stairs.

"Just call me Yuffie," I smile fakely. Over polite snob.

"Yuffie?" Denzel jogs down the steps. "What are you doing here?"

"Sephy's giving us the month off," I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"Is that your boss?" Reid's mom inquires, taking an 'elegant' sip of tea. I swear she's doing that just to annoy me.

"Something like that," I lie. "Ready to go, kiddo?"

"Bye Denz!" Reid calls from his room.

"I guess."

"Go get your stuff," I laugh, pushing him towards the stairs. He comes back down minutes later with his backpack and follows me outside. "Gah! She's so annoying!" I groan.

"Tell me about it," he mumbles. "Where's Cloud?"

"Nibelheim."

"... Why?"

"I dunno," I shrug.

"Hmm. Where are we staying?"

"For now, the palace."

"What about Kara?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?"

"Kara?" He insists.

"She's still in Corel. I asked Cid if he could go get her, but I don't know if he will or not."

"Shera will force him too," Denzel smirks.

"I don't doubt that," I laugh, pushing into the palace. A couple of the palace servant people give me strange looks, but none bug me as I go to my old room.

"Whoa," Denzel looks around. I grin and flop back on my bed.

"Forgot how comfy this thing was," I yawn, letting my body sink into the mattress.

"I'm gonna go find Shawn."

"You do that."

~|~|~|~|~

"Reno!" I whine. The drunk Turk just smirks and gets closer to my face.

"Where's lovey boy?"

"Nibelheim. Why does it matter?"

"So you did break it off."

"No, I didn't. It's called business."

"How do you know he's not with some other woman right now?"