39

~Yuffie's POV~

Just as Marlene, Tifa, and Barret pass through the big doors, the entrance opens and a familiar person walks in, but his brown hair seems shaggier than usual.

"Denzel!" Cloud and I hiss at the same time.

"Sorry I'm late!" He whispers back. I ignore him and pull him into a tight hug. I've missed my kids so much. Cloud just affectionately ruffles his hair.

"Don't be. Tifa's just getting down the isle. Once Yuffie and I get stranded up there, you can sneak in the back."

"Right," he nods. Then he looks around. "Is Kara here?"

"With Cid and Shera," I nod.

"Oh," he looks at the floor. Mikey.

"Don't be mopey," I wink at him before Cloud drags me away, linking our elbows together. This is awkward... Everyone is staring at me.

"Today we've gathered here..." Yatta yatta yatta. I don't care. I zone out until the pastor's throat clearing breaks my thoughts.

"Mr. Valentine," he mutters. Vincent seems lost in space as he stares at Tifa. "Mr. Valentine," he repeats a little louder. Cid cups his hands around his mouth.

"Yo Vin, quit starin at 'er and say 'I do'!"

Vincent snaps out of his trance and turns a deep shade of red. Vincent Valentine? Blushing? Wow.

"I now pronounce you man and wife," the pastor nods. Wow, I was out for that long again? "You may kiss the bride."

Vincent cups Tifa's face and kisses her so deeply, I begin to wonder if he ever listened to our throat-tongue rant. Everyone cheers and claps good naturedly and Kara 'Ew!'s.

"Ready?" Vincent smirks at Tifa.

"Wha..." She starts, but he scoops her up and carries her down the aisle, making her yelp in surprise. Barret bursts out laughing when I jump on Cloud's back.

"Alright, giddyap, chocobo head."

"Hey!" He protests, but gives me the lift anyway.

We all migrate to the reception, where I roll my eyes and groan at the slow line. Cloud just smirks at me and hands me a paper plate.

"Eat away, babe."

My stomach growls in response. When we eventually see Shera waving us over to she and Cid's table, Kara has already made a mess on her face, and she looks kinda like Cid with that napkin tucked into the front of her shirt. I don't know how. She just does. Just like Josh Hutcherson looks like Squirtle. Denzel finds us too and sits between Cid and Cloud. My stomach decides it needs to roar instead of growl and everyone gives me a strange look. Denzel especially raises his eyebrows at the pickles on my plate. I hate pickles.

"Cravings," I sigh again and Cloud rolls his eyes.

"Wait you're..." Denzel trails off.

"Yeah, sorry kid. Forgot to tell you," I apologize sarcastically, biting into my vinegar soaked cucumbers.

"So I bet you're all wondering where our bride and groom are," I see Reeve step into the front of the room with a mic.

"Bet they got a room," Cid mutters and Shera hits his arm, and not gently either.