61

~Yuffie's POV~

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Kara jumps around me while I attempt to make pancakes on the stove.

"Shh! Daddy's still sleeping," I hush her.

"But it's Christmas!"

"And he's sleepy, so leave him alone," I command.

"Dang right I'm sleepy," someone says in the doorway, yawning.

"Reno, no one was talking about you," I took my eyes with a small smile.

"You sure? I think I'm one spectacular thing to talk about," he grins, sitting at the table.

"Positive."

"Nanny!"

"I'm gonna kill Cloud for even telling her that," he grumbles while Kara climbs all over him. If possible, his red hair is even messier than usual, T-shirt rumped up like a piece of paper, and he's wearing the same pair of plaid pants that he wears every stinking night. "You know what? I'll go easy on him, just because Christmas is my day off." I laugh and shake my head, flipping the pancakes that cook on the griddle.

"Kara? Let's go wake Daddy up," I smirk, heading toward the stairs. Kara and Reno follow. "Alright, we're gonna go in and jump on the bed, okay?"

"Kay!"

"Yup."

"Reno, don't crush him," I warn beforehand. He sighs and nods, sneaking into the bedroom behind us. Cloud's snuggling a pillow, crushing it to his shirtless body with his legs all tangled up in the sheets. "Go!" I whisper.

We all leap onto the bed and jump, chanting "It's Christmas, Cloud!" He groans and pulls the pillow over his head. So I sit on top of the pillow.

"Yuffie," comes the muffled grumble. "Get your butt off my pillow."

"No can do, Mr. Grinch. Now get up."

"It's too early."

"I let you sleep in, now get up before I grab your sword and chuck it in the fireplace." He instantly throws the pillow off and sits up.

"I'm up. Reno, get off my bed."

"But it's so bouncy!" The Turk exclaims, jumping again.

"I'm gonna set your head on fire," Cloud reaches toward the side table, opening the drawer to reveal a single fire materia.

"Ooo! Can I have that?!" I beg.

"No."

"Aw," I pout. "You're mean Cloud. You can't be mean on Christmas."

"And you can't use a holiday as bribery."

"Dang it," I mutter. "Well I've gotta go. See ya!"

"Where're you going?" Cloud frowns.

"Wutai," I call back to him, already on the staircase. Then I hurry to the kitchen to get the burning pancakes off of the burner.

"Hey Mama!" Kara wanders into the kitchen. "I fink I hungry so much."

"Go sit down," I command, pouring her a cup.of juice and using a pizza roller to cut a pancake into bite sized pieces. I learned that you need to do this the hard way.

"Fank you!"

"Looks good," Cloud appears in the doorway, still in his pajama pants. "There any for me?"

"Sure," I grin, flinging a pancake at his chest. He fumbles to catch it, rolling his eyes when Kara and I burst into laughter. Then he tears off a piece, swiftly pulls the front of my T-shirt collar out, and drops it down the front.