41

~Yuffie's POV~

After my and Cloud's argument, I went to the bunk room just for some peace and time to think. Why doesn't he care about us anymore? What did we ever do to make him want to die? Sighing, I sit down on the edge of the bed and rub my temples to soothe my pounding headache. Lost in confusion and hurt, I end up just staring at the wall blankly. Then I hear the sound of boots behind me, stepping slowly toward the edge of the mattress.

"Cloud, I'm not in a good mood. Go bother someone else."

"Don't worry, he's out bugging Mrs. Highwind," a voice sneers and I freeze. How... Not only Sephy came back, but now his buddies are here too?! I reach to my hip, my fingertips brushing over the throwing knife there.

"I wouldn't," I feel the end of Kadaj's double bladed katana on my back. Scowling, I pull my hand and away and stand.

"What do you want?"

"Only what Mother does," he smirks.

"That's not helpful at all," I scoff.

"Pack your bags and get ready to leave. Also, do me a favor and break up with Big Brother so that he won't be suspicious."

"How about no?" I frown. "I don't even want to know what'll happen if I go with you."

"I don't think you want to know what'll happen if you don't," he replies calmly, revealing a walkie talkie that I didn't notice before.

"Mama?" A small voice says. Kadaj holds the device out to me and I hesitantly take it.

"Kara?"

"Mommy! The bad man came again! And Miss Louise won't wake up, but Mar'ene said she'd be okay!"

"What?" I say just over a whisper, looking up and Kadaj. He smirks again and takes it back.

"You have the worst baby sitters for your children," he states. "But hurry up already. And don't get any ideas, you're the only person that can see or hear me at the moment. Go convince your miserable lover that you're sick of him and let's scadaddle."

"And she won't be hurt?"

"Not unless you don't comply."

"I hate you," I grit, pulling my suitcase out and shoving all my clothes, materia, and weapons in.

"The feeling is mutual, brat."

"Yuffie?" Cid's voice comes from behind me. "Whatchya doin, kid?" He can't see Kadaj... Curse you and your smartness, Sephiroth!

"Leaving," I force out, turning away from him.

"Why?"

"Cloud."

"He's kickin' ya out? Ya know he can't do that right? It's my ship."

"No, I'm sick of it all," I throw my hands in the air dramatically, fighting frustrated tears. Please catch my lie for once. Save me. "The whole death talk, the lies, the bitterness. I'm done."

"Maybe if ya just let 'im talk..."

"I have, and he just lies some more," I glare at the pilot. "I told you, I'm done."