3

FEARLESS | iii.
"If I ever do take this wristband off.
I'm gonna shove it so far down your throat
and watch you choke on it"

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The group of five teenagers ran back to the woods frantically, fearing for their lives after what they had just witnessed. Reyna's breath was hot and uneven, her heart skipping a beat every time she heard even the slightest sounds coming from the shadows of the forest.

Feet surging forward, even as her heart pounded from the running, Reyna didn't falter. The growing fear didn't let her. The image of Jasper wouldn't stop replaying on her mind. His wide grin that disappeared in the blink of an eye as a spear pierced right through his chest and sent him flying back. His eyes were still wide open in shock when the group left him there alone. Alone on the shore of the other side, with crimson pooling beneath him and staining the rocks.

Reyna wanted to scream, wanted to let go of all the fear and ice cold rage growing inside her. But she couldn't, not when the assailants could still be lurking in the shadows. She felt as though someone was watching her as she ran beside Monty and Octavia, who were both visibly exhausted.

Monty spared a glance behind him for only a split second, but it was enough to distract him. His foot had caught in between the growing tree roots and he fell down face first. A whimper escaped his mouth, and it was only when he started to back away that Reyna noticed the skeleton before him. Breath even quicker than before, she grabbed his arms and helped Octavia pull him up.

"Come on, Monty." Reyna whispered, "We're close to the dropship. Just keep it up a little longer." She placed her hand on his shoulder and gave it a comforting squeezed.

The rest of the group halted as well, both to see if Monty was okay and to catch their breaths. Reyna glanced around the spot they found themselves at. Bones scattered all around the forest floor, resembling a graveyard of some kind. All Reyna could do was try to keep herself from screaming. The forest no longer felt safe. No flowers decorated this part of it, only the remnants of people who once lived.

"Who are they?" Finn asked, keeping his voice low.

The group stayed silent for a few moments, not knowing the answer to Finn's question, not even wanting to think about it. Clarke's eyes were focused on the bones. Reyna watched as she bent down, picked up a skeleton's head and started to examine it, "What are they?"

Reyna stepped closer to get a better look, but regretted it once her eyes landed on the bones. The head didn't look like a normal human head. It was deformed, probably due to the radiation, and Reyna's face scrunched up in disgust, her eyes never leaving the sight, "What the hell?"

By now everyone had seen the head, they just didn't know what it was. Octavia's gaze drifted from Clarke to Reyna, noticing their expressions. Then she looked at the skeleton, realized how serious the situation was, "We're so screwed."