54

~Tifa's POV~

Yuffie absent mindedly paces the cell we're locked in, thinking. Her movements are beginning to agitate me, so I huff and glare at the wall. How could Cloud be so stupid? He could've gotten us all killed! Rufus is our ally, not the enemy. Psh, not is, he was. He's gone now. I honestly hope Vincent wasn't injured when Tseng ordered he and Cloud to stay behind, though if he really knew what was going on, I'm gonna shove Cid's spear up his butt!

The door clicks a couple times and then swings open, revealing a redheaded Turk that I still don't trust due to the Wutai incident between he and Yuffie. His aquamarine eyes flicker to mine before they settle on Yuffie, that undeniable feeling behind them. But he also looks a little dejected. Understandable. He has fallen in love with a married woman, after all. It's not like he can just confess what he feels and have her love him to death. He had a chance long ago, but it was never taken. I kinda feel bad for the guy, actually. He either acts like he never kissed her and pretends he's still her bestie, or he tells her and deals with the rejection for the rest of his life.

"I've got dinner!" He offers us his infamous grin and holds up the tray in his arms. "Gods, I feel like a room service lady!"

"Eh, you're pretty enough to pull it off," Yuffie teases with a smirk and he rolls his eyes.

"I am not a woman."

"I dunno, I think those breasteses are proving you very wrong," she stifles a giggle.

"I don't have boobs either!"

"He really likes those v-necks, huh Yuff?" I join in with a smile.

"Ruuuuuude! They're being meeeeeeean!" He whines loudly. The bald Turk just scoffs and shakes his bald head, rolling his eyes at me. I laugh at his response before looking over at Reno to see him smirking at Yuffie when she insists that he doesn't know how to eat food.

"You're scrawny, Mr. Turkey!"

"So are you, Ninja-Brat."

"Hey!"

"Just take the food already! I've gotta go deliver to Spike, Oldie, and Vampy Boy."

"Well then, butthead," she sticks her tongue out. He chuckles and sets the plates on the lone cot before leaving with a wink to Yuffie. She rolls her eyes after the door shuts and groans. "He's so annoying sometimes."

"I agree," I nod, fighting the urge to tell her about the way he feels toward her. I hear someone yelling next door and assume that it's Cid. But I hear one very distinct word again.

"Executions?!"

Yuffie sighs, sitting down against the wall and hugging her knees.

"I guess they've cut out to have us gone then. I swear I'm going to execute Cloud myself."

"Yuffie..." I trail off with a heavy exhalation. "He most likely had a reason for what he did..."

"To get us all killed?" She looks up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course not!"

"Then why?"

"Maybe there was something Rufus said that gave away something that we overlooked?"