Chapter 46 - a Deadly Secret

Chapter 46 – a Deadly Secret

Wednesday, July 18, 2046
9:41 PM
Perkins Residence
Pearland, TX

I didn't know why Reagan had a vehement fearful look in his eyes, but he didn't have words to explain. He was frightened and it was apparent. So, I had to make him sit down. Then I gave him water to drink. He drank the water and took a few slow deep breaths.

"What happened, Reagan?" said myself to my brother. "Please, tell us!"

"Sarah used to date Hector Long, who was incarcerated five years ago. She reported him for drug use and having robbed banks online." Reagan went onto explain. "He is a master hacker, the best of the best."

"So, we're all dead?" said Uncle Kevin.

"Not quite!" said Jake. "There is a weakness, an exploit that even Long is unaware of!"

"What the hell?" said Aunt Sandra. "And what exactly is that?"

"Apparently, when Long created this program, he ended up using an older version of Python and C++, which for the record has been phased out last year." Ajay explained. "Technology these days changes by the minute, and this is not something you'd be able to keep up with."

"However, there is a firewall, that me and S.A.L.M.A cannot bypass." K.U.R.T explained. "If you truly want to stop this, then you must create a Trojan Horse program to let us in the firewall."

"Sweet!" said Reagan. "I can write one at two hundred lines of code per hour. This will be done overnight."

"Then I'll base jump from the skyscraper in Downtown Houston into Galnac VR, hack the main server with Reagan's program." Jake said. "Ajay will then call in the calvary against Long."

"Bear in mind, we need to free the hostages first. We need to locate them and find them a place to run to far away from the facility. Then, we'll take back Galnac VR and save our jobs!" said a voice.

I turned to see, Eliza and Nancy! They were here too! And so were Liam Mitchell, Jr. and Miles Tucker; who also were imprisoned in one facility.

"Years of hard work, and I didn't go through this all, to see my company be reduced to ashes!" said Mitchell. "We all are in this together!"

"Till the end!" said Miles.

"Hoo-ah!" screamed all of us.

Now we knew what was needed to be done. And I was gonna save my company, family, friends, and all who were the victims of this trap. I knew we had come a long way, but this was our final chance. It was a long shot, but only chance we had to end this once and for all!