Chapter 23 - Game Planning

Chapter 23 – Game Planning

Tuesday, June 12, 2046
7:56 PM
Underground Prison Camp

All the prisoners were done for the day, receiving their pay. They ate their food and used the restroom, although down here it was more like going into empty spaces to do our business. We created our own underground bivouacs and looked up in the cave ceiling as we saw sunlight fading away and dusk coming in. Jake hacked out the security drones, to alter the footage to make it look as if we already called it a night, or were doing something else, such as watching TV (thank God we had that down here at least), playing cards or just sleeping.

"Gather up, everyone!" said Jake to a select group of prisoners, although in a lower tone. "Most of you are unaware, and I suggest you keep it to yourselves, big time! First of all, I was able to hack an old network terminal and computer located right here in this prison camp underground, due to which now we have Internet, phone and access to our virtual assistants. But please keep it to yourselves. I've entered a hacker code to the system to hack the drones and prevent them from monitoring us and seeing what we're doing right now."

"What exactly is going on here?" said Carlos. "You sound like you have a plan."

"That's just what the last guy said to us." Jared, one of the prisoners in his late thirties said. "He was never heard from again. Guy was a young man just like you too, and he was willing to help."

"Let him talk!" said Sharon, a middle-aged prisoner, seemingly in her early forties. "He helped us get Internet and cellphone reception just now, in this dead cave! He may have a better idea."

"Thank you, ma'am!" said Jake. "We will be out of here by Friday morning. But, all of us need to cooperate. Thankfully, in today's day and age, our phones support wireless electricity, which is being given to us by that pole, going up to ten meters in range. This will gradually help the police to know where we are."

"And they can't come rescue us? That'd be insane!" said Nancy.

"Insane would be to have them raid this place and put our lives at risk." Eliza said.

"They'd rather formulate a plan, than to risk getting us killed." I added. "Carry on, Jake."

"As I was saying, all of us need to work together, to keep it low-key, not to arouse any suspicion, and stay away from the line of sight of any jerk robots, or in this case rogue human."

Then, Jake went about explaining how we could prepare ourselves to fight and make use, of any tools and articles down in the cave prison, so we could make it out of this hellhole.