Chapter 29 - Explaining the Plan

Chapter 29 – Explaining the Plan

Thursday, July 5, 2046
10:00 PM
Perkins Residence

Dad was just as happy to see me and Reagan together, just like Reagan and I were. Jake shook his hand, made his introduction and sat down as Mom gave us hot chocolate. I for one was happy to be safe and sound at home.

"Good to know, you're alright and patched up!" said Dad. "I've been looking forward to it."

"Accidents happen all the time, it's okay." Reagan said. "It was my fault to begin with."

"It's alright, Reagan." Dad said. "At least you're realizing it."

I looked around the living room. The TV was on, and Dad was watching the local news recorded on YouTube™ TV. It was the 10:00 PM news, and he was watching it on a holographic display. Since 2040, Dad has reached such a high position in his own company and career and saved up almost a billion dollars. He opted to work less as he got older. Well, technically speaking, in a few years, he and Mom will be in their fifties, with Mom being three years his junior.

"Glad to know, you and Mom are okay as well. I'm also thinking to just marry Jake and continue my job, after we find out who's behind all this!" said me to my parents.

"You want to keep your job going, I may as well quit my job, and focus on building my side hustle." Reagan said.

Oh, yeah! I forgot to mention, Reagan works in a law firm, although most of the work here in law, has become automated. With human lawyers being heavily outsourced to nations in Africa, Asia and some parts of the solar system; he knows that he'll eventually lose his job someday and offers remote services to people in those nations. So, at the same time, he also earned a lot by competing in video game tournaments. I must say, it does pay a handsome $500 grand, if you win first place. Reagan competes once every quarter of the year, so he annually earns $1.6 million after tax cuts, just for that!

"Okay, so we need to lay low till Monday." Jake began to explain. "We need to make sure this plan comes together just fine. I have a buddy who works at NASA, and he can get us on a shuttle that'll get us to Mars in under three hours. The beauty of this space shuttle goes up to 50,000,000 miles per hour. So, heading to Mars takes only between an hour to three hours."

"I've never gone in a shuttle that fast!" said Reagan. "Fastest I've ever travelled was 3,000,000 mph to go to the Moon, for vacation last month."

"This is a completely different journey. We need to enlist the aid of Ajay Malhotra." Jake explained. "Former US Army lieutenant colonel, and IT professional. He's been living on Mars since his escape. More like hiding and taking refuge there. We link up with him, he may be able to elaborate more on this."