Chapter 6 - the Fool at My Door

Chapter 6 – the Fool at My Door

Tuesday, May 1, 2046
9:38 AM
Kimberly's apartment

Okay, so last night, I didn't return home till it was almost midnight. By the time, I was asleep, it was already close to 1:00 AM. Woke up at 8 and then got up to eat breakfast and then take a shower. It was an unpleasant scene later on.

After I got out, I indeed put on a bathrobe, after drying off most of the water and wetness in my hair. I then heard a knock on my door. It was weird. No one had come to my apartment door, first thing in the morning. As I walked to answer it, it was then S.A.L.M.A spoke up.

"Kimberly, I'd stay away from the door, if I were you." She said. "It's your ex-boyfriend, Daryl."

A cold shudder flew over my head as I heard who it was, yet I stayed strong. Didn't think the asshole was gutsy enough to dare show up to my door. I knew he wasn't safe. Dude was thirty years old, only by age having been born back in 2016. But, acted worse than a five-year old. Only wanted me for sex, so I had to leave. I knew what was needed to be done. Then the door knocked again.

"S.A.L.M.A, I am letting him in. But he won't be hear long!" said me to my virtual companion. "Please do me a favor, inform the police right now. I'm gonna answer the door, but act like I don't know he's here."

"Alright then, letting the Houston Police Department know right now!" said S.A.L.M.A. "Wait one!"

Then in ten seconds, I answered the door. I saw Daryl standing there, although the asshole had no straight mood. He was purely on drugs! Just seeing his eyes, I knew he bought drugs via an underground source. And when Daryl's ass is on drugs, you know you're not safe.

He's been on drugs since he was twenty-three, reason being he lost his job at that age to a robot. Worked as a pharmacist, which sadly became the job of androids. I found out unfortunately this last month, having dated him for two years, he has been living off of buying drugs and selling them for thirty percent more than what he bought it. Never knew about it until before I broke up with him. Just my luck, right?

"Hello, Kimmybaby!" said Daryl.

"Ugh, what do you want?" I asked his bitch-ass highness.

"You, my queen!" replied the jerkweed, although I can't really say he meant it.

Still, I knew Houston Police were already on their way. I decided to just play along. It wasn't long before they'd come in and arrest him. And the drugs he's on? That's sure as hell to put him away for life, this'd be his third strike. He's been in jail twice for six years each, once in 2021 and once again in 2034 now he'll go away for life. Okay, so they'll put him away for thirty years. But, damn that's hella good for me! He'd be sixty by the time he got out.

"No, dude! You need to go, and I mean it." I firmly told him. "You never changed then; you haven't done so now! Out!"

That's what later ignited his rage. He grabbed me and tossed me onto the couch. I knew right then and there, I'd be a victim to rape and sexual assault, same as my mother almost was twenty-seven years ago.

It was then when drones suddenly flew in my room with red and blue flashing LEDs. Yes, police drones by the Houston Police Department. Four policemen and two large police androids showed up to my door. It was two senior police officers, one police sergeant and their head, the lieutenant.

"Leave the girl alone now!" said the sergeant.

"Hands on your head, on the ground!" said the lieutenant.

Daryl immediately jumped onto the ground, I got up and moved away. The officers and the robots then grabbed Daryl. They scanned his ID and his eyes. His criminal record came up for sure. The lieutenant then got mad.

"Daryl Joseph Robertson, you're under arrest for intoxication under drugs and attempted rape. The penalty for which is thirty-five years behind bars!" said the sergeant.

Thirty-five years? I was amazed! I won't have to see this fool ever again! I felt so relieved. Then the police came to me. They were also relieved.

"Thank you for reporting him, he is going to be put away for life." The lieutenant said.

"You may wanna examine his records closer!" I informed the officer. "Knowing this man very well, I wouldn't trust him."

"Thanks for the tip, Ms. Perkins." The officer said. "You be safe now."

I was safe for now. I had also received a severance pay of $20,000 being laid off after four years, which was $5,000 for each year I was there. Nancy who was there longer than me? Boy, she's sure got more. But I knew this wasn't it. This money would last me a few months, but I needed to find another job.