Chapter 30 - Keeping it Low Key

Chapter 30 – Keeping it Low Key

Saturday, July 7, 2046
2:57 PM
Perkins Residence

Okay, so we were going to meet Ajay Malhotra on Monday, until then we laid low. Well, for one, nobody ever said we had to run to him directly. We had to plan it thoroughly. I decided to talk to Eliza and Nancy. We got on Messenger™ and video called one another. Also leaving small IM messages.

"Y'all need to keep low and stay out of trouble, you hear me?" said me to my buddies.

"We'll be fine! You stay safe." Nancy declared.

"We'll stay in contact, and if you need anything from us, do let us know in advance." Eliza informed us. "We'll be there for you and will stay informed via S.A.L.M.A and whatnot."

"Appreciate it tons!" I was happy to hear this. "If our employer isn't truly responsible for this, we'll keep our jobs till we can't work no more!"

"Hoo-ah!" said Nancy.

With that, the call ended, and I went to help Reagan and Jake. Reagan then looked at Jake. He didn't seem to have a pleasant look in his eyes. Jake saw this.

"So, you're telling me, either way we're screwed if we don't, and we're screwed if we do?" asked Reagan.

"I'm saying, we can do this!" said Jake. "We can track whoever's responsible and behind this. We can save this company; its employees and we can beat the culprit at their own game. However, due to many events having taken place over the last twenty-five years, the NASA facility nowadays, is heavily guarded. Security is tighter than the Pentagon, and we can't do this alone."

"Reagan, I have to agree with Jake. But we could use a little help. Don't you think?" said I, to my anxious brother.

"We can't risk any other lives for this." Jake stated. "That's not why I was in the military."

"Jake, if time's an issue, we need to bring my distant uncle, Kevin Cross in on this." Reagan said. "He'd know more on such situations than us."

Jake was hesitant at first, but then looked at Reagan and sighed.

"Make it happen!"

In no time, Reagan got on his smartphone and accessed WhatsApp™. I also got on with the same group chat.

Reagan: Uncle Kevin, hope life's treating you well. 😎🙂 If you're not too busy, we got a situation regarding Galnac VR and it being compromised.

Kevin: Wait, this is the first I've heard of this! What's going on? 😳🤔 Everyone's okay?

Kimberly: Unfortunately, the company I worked for turned out to be a place that imprisons its employees after some time, in an underground prison. 😞😔 We were hoping you'd be able to shed some light on this situation.

Kevin: Shit! I think I may know what's going on. 😠😡 Where are you guys?

Reagan: Back at our parent's residence. 😟😕 We've not tried to resolve anything yet, but we need to know what the hell's going on. We must get to the bottom of this, ASAP!

Kevin: I'm coming there tonight! 😠😡 Y'all stay safe until then, TTYL. 😎🙂

Well, the deed was done. Now, it was up to us. With that, Uncle Kevin booked the next flight from Miami to Houston, and ensured he'd arrive in less than four hours.

"Reagan, you need to help me set up COMMS and other special equipment to keep this area off grid." Jake instructed Reagan, then looked at me. "Kimberly, you must continue to stay here and help S.A.L.M.A keep an eye out. Should you ever wanna order food from outside, you'll just have to order online, and ship it here via drone. I'll cover any potential shipping and delivery costs."

"Sounds good to me!" said Reagan. "I'll keep everyone in loop. I may have to call in some old friends too."

"Whatever it takes to save the company, and perhaps the world, we should. Something tells me, this journey has just begun, and will only end when we've saved the world and ourselves."