Chapter 44 - Scouring Out for the Disc

Chapter 44 – Scouring Out for the Disc

Wednesday, July 18, 2046
9:02 PM
Cloud Data Center
Houston, TX

I had to say, entering the data center, it was one hell of a facility. All the server racks were on and running, as well as the ambience of a thousand cooling fans to keep the place cold. Speaking of cold, brrr... it was freezing in here!

"Should've come in a hoodie!" I had to say. "It's freezing down here."

"Better than the mosquitoes outside, don't you think?" said Jake. "We won't be here for too long. We need to get this done."

"According to the schematics, the disc is located in the main server room office, locked up in the manager's desk." Reagan explained. "The door is security locked but can be hacked."

"Then what are we waiting for?" said Jake.

"The hack will take about a minute, and the guards will be back in ten minutes." S.A.L.M.A added. "You'll need to double time it in there, grab the disc, duplicate it, and then get it back to us. We'll analyze the data, locate the other prisoners and free them. Eventually, we'll find out who is behind this."

We then made our way towards the main office. Reagan stopped in his tracks as Jake signaled him. I looked to see what was going on.

"Reagan, you need to stay out here and keep your head on a swivel. In case the guards come back, me and Kimberly will work on this." Jake instructed Reagan.

"No problem, I'll use the reactive camouflage to stay hidden from any potential guard threats." Reagan obliged.

"Let's do it!" I exclaimed. "I'd rather be safe, as well as my family and friends."

We entered the room, after K.U.R.T and S.A.L.M.A hacked the door open. Then we made our way to the desk. The desk had an iPad on it, as well as a smartphone. Jake then opened the drawer, and voila! He found the disc. He then opened his laptop, which contained an optical disc drive, and began to work with burning the image onto his PC, which for the record has a variation of a Linux OS.

"This'll take a few minutes, but we will have the data programmed within S.A.L.M.A and K.U.R.T soon." Jake responded. "This'll also upgrade them, giving them secure control over the system."

"Do what you can, because we don't have much time." I added.

Jake then hacked the servers as well as mounting the disc, then burned it. He then placed the copy of the original disc back in the desk, keeping the original with him. That was a surprise.

"I didn't think you'd swap the disc." I said.

"I didn't say I'd put the original disc back." Jake replied.

"Glad y'all are done!" said Reagan. "Looks like they're coming back from break!"

"Shit!" I squealed. "Already? Let's get out of here!"

We then broke out to leave the place. Drones above us were flying, looking for trespassers but we stayed out of sight. Jake then signaled for his car, which arrived in three minutes.

"Get us back home!" ordered Jake.

"Roger!" said K.U.R.T. "Prepare for subsonic boost!"

The car then began to drive at 400 miles per hour! Pretty fast for a car in today's day and age. The indicator on the GPS powered by Google™ Maps claimed, we'd be home in about ten minutes, from that far location.

"Ajay! We got the disc!" said Jake. "We're heading back, ASAP!"

"Roger, Jake!" replied Ajay. "See you back here, soon!"

"This is it guys, we're gonna save the remaining employees tomorrow, save the company and the world!" exclaimed Jake. "This is it, the information on this disc, is our key!"