Chapter 25 - Fearing for Our Lives

Chapter 25 – Fearing for Our Lives

Thursday, July 5, 2046
2:21 PM
Out of the prison cave

It was an emotional moment, seeing Reagan again at first. Both for me and him. He was happy to see me. I guess he finally put the past behind him for whatever happened. We both ran on a barren empty lot. And trying to make it out of there. Me, Eliza, Jake, Reagan and Nancy; along with the others ran and ran. We then ran into a forest. It began to rain hard on us and everyone split up, save for me and the other four. We stuck together no matter what.

We then all hid under a small stone structure, shutting off our cellphones to avoid detection. Reagan looked at me, and boy was he glad to see me. I looked at him to, as tears escaped my eyes. We then gradually moved closer to one another.

"H-how are you?" said Reagan, seeing him emotionally perturbed. "Have you been doing good?"

"Yeah, you?" said me, on the verge of tears. "I hope you've been alright."

The two of us then hugged big. I looked at him, he was shedding tears and so was I. In the meantime, Jake was setting up cover from his bag of hi-fi equipment to stop any detection from drones, and to allow us to turn on our smartphones. So, now me and everyone were still in touch.

"Eliza and Nancy, I can get an Uber to collect you, in half an hour from this very tree." Jake said. "Please be safe, me along with Kimberly and Reagan will keep our guard low, till tonight at 7:00, and will leave then."

"So, now we will leave, and y'all will stay in the jaws of death?" asked Nancy.

"We can't leave you here!" said Eliza.

"They'll be fine." S.A.L.M.A said. "I'll make sure of it, but Jake is right. All five of you can't go at once, and when they leave, they'll need to turn off their smartphones. I can't assist much except on Jake's phone, which is protected from detection."

"Perks of being a former US Army officer!" said Jake. "I have my gear ready in all gadgets."

"Get me something like that?" I said.

"Someday, sure!" Jake then called the Uber. "Get ready to split, I can hold the drones' cameras off for some time. Nancy and Eliza, see you back home and safe."

"Now what?" said Reagan. "We also need to split. I'll go to the trees nearby and try to get a backup to get us out of here, back to the city."

"Do what you must!" said Jake. "We'll rendezvous at 7 later on."

"See you then." Reagan said. "Kimberly, be safe!"

"You too!" I added.

This was it, time to get to the bottom of this.