Chapter 37 - Laying Out Galnac VR

Chapter 37 – Laying Out Galnac VR

Thursday, July 12, 2046
8:11 AM
Mess Hall, Kanzen Colony
Korolev Crater, Mars

Of course, I didn't sleep until 10 PM last night, but Reagan and Jake turned in early and woke up at five in the morning. I got up two hours later. I met the three, including Ajay for breakfast later on.

"Morning boys!" said me. "Reagan, Jake, Ajay, etc! Enjoying your pancakes?"

Those hot pancakes did look amazing, no doubt. It was starting to make my belly roar. I then grabbed a seat at the table. Jake didn't have much of a good look on his face.

"Yeah, it's amazing, you should eat it." Jake insisted. "You'll love 'em."

I then sat down to eat my breakfast. Damn, right! Those pancakes were amazing. I did have to say it was a delicious moment. Looking out the window to see the beautiful Martian sky, and just like on Earth, there were security drones with glowing LEDs patrolling the skies. After finishing his breakfast, Jake took out his tablet. It was a Microsoft™ tablet with Kali Windows 4. To give a very small back story, after Windows™ 10 was the last Windows™ operating by Microsoft™, the company moved forth to making Linux-based OS in the future. This was like Android™, but more on the Windows™-like side.

"Shit! It's not here! I forgot to save it to my tablet!" said Jake. "The blueprints to Galnac VR!"

"What?" said Reagan. "It's back at home?"

"Yeah, it's on my custom-built laptop PC." Jake said. "No way we can fly back to Earth at the moment."

"Unless you had the ability to magically teleport that file here!" said S.A.L.M.A. "Don't you agree?"

"S.A.L.M.A, this isn't the time for sarcasm!" I replied, which then it hit me. "Shit! I know what you mean! Jake? Don't you have Remote Desktop Protocol on your tablet?"

Jake then looked at me in amazement.

"You're a genius!" said Jake. "I can remotely turn on my laptop from up here, via VPN and copy it onto my tablet."

Jake then logged onto his laptop remotely, then opened his File Explorer. He had a virtual machine of Windows™ 10. Then, he simply copied and pasted the file containing the blueprints onto his tablet.

"S.A.L.M.A, can you please scan out these blueprints?" said Jake.

"On it! Give me a moment, having K.U.R.T flirt with me here!" said S.A.L.M.A.

"What the hell?" said Reagan.

"You don't wanna know!" said I to my shocked brother. "It's a great time to be alive, ain't it?"