Chapter 40 - Returning to Earth

Chapter 40 – Returning to Earth

Monday, July 16, 2046
9:10 AM
Presentation Room, Kanzen Colony

Korolev Crater, Mars

We already finalized on returning to Earth today. And that is when Reagan and Jake decided to install new equipment in the space shuttle back home. I looked outside the dome and saw the Martian outpost exterior. It was a fun trip but going back to Earth sounded better for now.

"Damn, Jake!" said me. "You sure were telling the truth. We should've fixed problems on Earth first, before ever thinking to move to Mars."

"You said it, sister!" said Reagan. "Let's go! The space shuttle leaves back to Earth in a few hours."

"I've hacked the schedules of the guards back at NASA!" said Jake. "They'll be off duty in an hour!"

"There is ample time to return to NASA and make it to Galnac VR!" said S.A.L.M.A. "Upon returning to Houston, you should be able to seize control of Galnac VR and rescue those trapped in the underground chasms."

"Make sure, we don't lose contact with one another!" said Ajay. "We must make sure; we arrive back to Earth and fix this once and for all."

"I'm with you too!" said K.U.R.T! "I made a mistake allowing my programming to be compromised. But, now for sure, it won't happen again!"

"Good to have you on board!" said Ajay.

"Good to be back in action, general!" said K.U.R.T. "Please rescue my creator. Liam Mitchell, Jr. He's trapped in his office!"

"So, he wasn't responsible for this, after all?" said Jake.

"Thank, goodness!" I exclaimed. "We need to move now!"

We then headed to the spaceport and boarded the ship. Reagan then activated something in his smartphone. Ajay did so too.

"The systems are in place. We should get back to Earth faster and as soon as we do, head straight to Downtown Houston!" instructed Jake. "Me and Ajay can do recon work of the area and hack the security, but Jake and Kimberly, the rest is up to you. We'll provide you with reactive camouflage technology, to bypass any potential detection!"

The shuttle took off and headed back to Earth. No sooner would we arrive, would it be up to us to bring the balance of the forces of good and evil. Reagan, Jake and me of course, hit up as many people we could on our social media profiles, to recruit them into helping us. S.A.L.M.A, K.U.R.T, along with Z.E.R.O and C.O.R.A worked with other AI programs to also bring this crime ring to an end.