Chapter 48 - Breaching Galnac VR

Chapter 48 – Breaching Galnac VR

Thursday, July 19, 2046
8:55 PM
Galnac VR, Downtown Houston
Houston, TX

Well, nobody said reaching Galnac VR would be a challenge. On contrary, getting in the building was going to be nigh impossible. The place was sealed down tight, as per Jake, the only way in was by HALO. So, hence therefore, which is why he based jumped from the top of the skyscraper onto the roof. Reagan, Ajay and Jake worked with our AI friends, to hack the security systems, to allow us a window to enter the facility.

I was sucking in my gut, holding my breath and taking in deep breaths on and off, just to keep calm. I looked at Aunt Sandra, and I can tell you, she was anxious too. I'm happy to know at least I wasn't alone. It was all of us together and there was no other way this time, but forward. The drones in the sky began to glow and spiral above us.

"Reagan, what's your status?" said Jake.

"Hiding in the old abandoned phone booth, disguising our central hub to carry out operations and controlling COMM units." Reagan replied.

"Ajay?" Jake then called out.

"At the Houston Police Department, keeping Reagan remotely secure."

"Kimberly? You know what to do?" Of course, I already knew my role.

"Yes, Jake! In position, near this satellite array, to mesh our smartphone signals to the drones above us." I responded. "Just give me a go-ahead!"

"K.U.R.T and S.A.L.M.A?" Jake's final roll call.

"Keeping you out of sight and aloof!" responded K.U.R.T.

"Just do what you can and be careful!" said S.A.L.M.A.

"Okay, so me, Kevin and Sandra will enter the facility. Kevin and Sandra via the main door, only after I unlock it from the inside, overriding all security protocols." Jake explained. "If we find Long, we take him out. Don't try to reason with him, just shoot him with the dart gun and subdue him. We'll let HPD take over from here!"

"HPD has done a tremendous job for over 200 years, they won't fail us now!" said Reagan. "S.A.L.M.A and K.U.R.T, remember to have our getaway ready!"

"Aye!" said the two AI simultaneously! "Do what you must, and we'll jet together! For justice!"

"For justice!" said the rest of us!

With that, I connected my phone to the wireless charging hotspot on the satellite array. Suddenly, a visible ray of blue light shone from my phone, leading up to the drones flying above, then going to the other phones around me, as per S.A.L.M.A and K.U.R.T's directions. Jake jumped into the building to hack a remote server via his laptop, and no sooner did he do so, the gates to the facility opened. Then and only then, did our army arrive to assist us. Eliza, Nancy, and everyone working at Galnac VR, along with their relatives. The police were gonna be here soon. Everyone gathered around. This was the golden moment of truth! Reagan then shot another red flare in the sky, which meant, CHARGE! Everyone then ran into the building using anything and everything they found as a defense weapon.