Chapter 38 - The Plan Complete

Chapter 38 – The Plan Complete

Friday, July 13, 2046
7:25 PM
Lounge, Kanzen Colony
Korolev Crater, Mars

Jake, Reagan, Ajay and I were finalizing how to infiltrate Galnac VR. With the help of our AI pals S.A.L.M.A, C.O.R.A and Z.E.R.O, we were able to construct a computer virus, which would give K.U.R.T a sudden 'change of heart' and join us, as well as hack the company to find out who is truly behind it all, stop them and have them indicted. It was a sleepless week for some of us, but we made up for it as well. But we needed to get off this rock, back to Earth.

"We're ready to strike Galnac VR!" said Jake. "We need to now find the person responsible, and make sure this ends and we're saved."

"Amazing thing is, we now have K.U.R.T on our side!" said Reagan. "We can make it through the building with whatever significant help we get from him."

"I don't like it!" I had to express concern. "You seriously want to trust our life to a rogue AI?"

"It wasn't his fault." S.A.L.M.A spoke in K.U.R.T's defense. "He was created for Galnac VR and was manipulated by the culprit. He's on our side now, but he's gonna keep it between us."

"Best you stay on your guard, most importantly!" said Bg. Malhotra. "We need to act fast and then make sure, we do this right."

"Is there a reason why half the American military personnel have moved to Mars?" said Reagan.

"Pretty much, due to the same reason people who lost their jobs on Earth due to technology, now working those jobs on Mars, or third-world countries!" said Jake. "Had I done so myself, and transferred, then I'd be a major in the army, if not lieutenant colonel, by now."

"Shit, just be glad you have a job!" I said to my boyfriend. "I'm also happy too!"

"No, it does make me laugh!" said Jake. "If I ever have kids, they may be surprised to know, we had to make our own coffee, do our own laundry, clean up our own houses and take out the trash ourselves!"

"Not to mention drive our own cars, fill in our own gas tanks." Ajay decided to add in his own input. "Oh, yeah when newspapers were still a thing, and shopping malls too!"

We all shared a good laugh. We would stay the weekend here at Kanzen Colony and return to Earth soon. Until then, we had to lay low. It was now the time to act. We needed to save people from whoever this was, or whatever was going on. It wasn't going to be easy, but then again, I've been through worse.