Chapter 59: Affection

(play 'lover' by Taylor Swift)

Blood.

Shattered glass.

And her motionless body.

Tom jolted up from his bed and turned his head quickly to see his wife sleeping peacefully next to him. He let out a sigh of relief.

He lowered his body down and turned his face towards her, examining every detail of her face. She was still incredibly beautiful. The both of them got a large house with rolling hills for their backyard, just how Emily had wanted.

Without noticing that his aggressive action had awoken Emily, he was a bit stunned to see her eyes fluttered open.

They stared at each other, without saying a word.

"Why are you awake?" she whispered softly.

"Nothing. Just a dream."

Emily smiled and laced her fingers around his. "I'm here. There's nothing to be afraid of."

She wiped the tears from her eyes and turned around, letting go of his hand. Tom suddenly missed the gentle touch from her. He scooted nearer and put an arm around her waist, burying his face into her hair. He fell asleep and Emily just had to smile to herself before drifting back into her dreams.

*******
Emily flicked her wand and watched the chicken turned into a nice, brown colour. The salt moved by itself and sprinkled the powdery dust onto the nice coating, giving the dish a taste of delight.

Tom came behind her and wrapped his hands around her waist. He left kisses on her neck and she felt her heart flutter.

"Move, Tom. I'm cooking!"

"Aw, I'm hurt," he didn't listen and went another step forward. He kissed her ear playfully till she squeezed her shoulders together and squealed.

"Get away! I'll hit you with a frying pan if you don't!" she grumbled.

He finally let go and laughed. "You're really adorable. I'll be upstairs checking on the list," he apparated to the floor above even if it was just a few steps up.

Emily dried her hands on the towel. They were hosting a party in celebration of her husband's birthday. She walked up quickly to their bedroom and found him writing on the parchment.

"I think Chloe will be here any minute," Emily smiled at the thought of her friend.

She crawled onto the bed next to Tom. He put his arm around her waist and held her hand that was resting on her stomach. She leaned on his shoulder and scanned the thin parchment.