Chapter 28: Interrupted

Emily hurried through a corridor packed with students and bursted into the classroom

Emily hurried through a corridor packed with students and bursted into the classroom. Oh, how she was always late!

"I'm sorry, Professor Frenret," she bowed her head low and the short professor just gave her a slight nod.

"Morning Connor," she whispered and smiled cheerfully at him. His expressionless face quickly turned into a bright one.

"Well well.. Second toppest student of our year is late again," he laughed, spinning his quill between his forefinger and middle finger.

"I need my beauty sleep, alright?" she defended herself.

"Well.. Do you actually liked the new robes? I know it's been two months since it arrived and I haven't really asked you yet."

"Their expensive, you idiot. You know my mom had divorced my stepfather.. we're no longer rich. We're just moderate witches, even if my mom had a high paid job.." Emily sighed, glaring at him.

"I told you, you don't need to pay for anything I give you," he said firmly.

"I'm feeling very guilty, alright? I don't want you to do this just because we're good friends.."

"It doesn't matter, princess," he smirked, "Let's stop talking. There's the slytherins here.." Connor watched Tom at the front, looking irritated.

"Yes I know.. What about them?" Emily asked carefully.

"All of them are bad guys. And especially Tom Riddle," he said in distaste, "He's the worst slytherin I've ever met."

Emily scribbled the notes down quickly, "What do you have against him, Connor? You're grumbling at him all the time, muttering unkind things.."

"Well can't you see? I don't like him. He can have that rotten personality but he always stuck close to you - you guys didn't do anything during Christmas, right?" he wanted to make sure that nothing happened.

"Well," Emily blushed," We cuddled each other to sleep.. Or perhaps I cuddled him while he became the pillow.." she laughed a little.

"Bloody arse of Merlin!" Connor examined loudly, attracting the class's attention.

"Detention, Mr Marshall!" Professor Frenret glanced at him, waving his wand, "And, come in front. Let's demonstrate duelling, shall we?"

Connor smacked his face. He wasn't very good at duelling. Emily laughed at his reaction and nudged his arm roughly, "If you win this, perhaps you'll get a kiss from me. Go on, Connor."

"That's impossible," he complained, but he smirked at her.

He and the professor bowed and raised their wand in front of them.

"Stupefy!" Connor tried to stun Frenret but with a slash of his wand, the spell was thrown away.

"Rictusempra!"