Chapter 41: Just A Kiss

"So

"So.. What'd you wearing for tonight?" Connor sipped his iced pumpkin juice while Emily helped him place a new plaster on his thumb.

"I don't know.. School robes?" she knitted her eyebrows at him.

"Come on, it's a party! Every girl in gryffindor is going to wear dresses!" he poked her shoulder playfully.

"What? But it's just a party.. I know we're celebrating Jonathan's birthday, but - can't I just wear something normal?"

"Well if you don't want to wear something pretty for yourself, then wear something pretty for me, princess. I love seeing you in dresses."

Emily blushed, "They made me uncomfortable.. But - oh alright! I'll do it since you're my boyfriend!"

Connor smiled. "We've been dating for a few weeks now. How's Mr Riddle doing?"

She hesitated to answer for a moment, but since it wasn't really that personal, she let it out. "He didn't really cared. Tom's really busy, you know, with - god knows what."

"I say, he's up to something again, isn't he? But Riddle doesn't matter. It's actually good that he's out of out way," Connor sipped on his drink again, feeling the cool liquid slide down his throat.

"I guess he.. Didn't really matter now.."

******
"I'm staying," Chloe stuff more delicious chocolates in her mouth, chewing loudly.

"I'm staying too," Rebecca licked her finger and turned to another page of an old book from the library.

"Then I guess it's just the both of us," Emily brushed her cat's fur and smiled at Julia, who was digging out her wardrobe.

"Of course it's just the two of us... Come here, help me find a dress. I have plenty of them, you can borrow one of mine."

"I think I have a couple of them, but I'll help you," Emily placed Patty down on the warm carpet and walked over to her friend, searching through the pile of clothes.

She helped picked a gray pencil skirt with a black blouse for Julia, then proceed to take out a dress she hardly wore - a daffodil yellow jumper dress with halter straps to it. Emily tied her hair into two ponytails with braids and followed her friend up the multiple staircases to the potrait.

"Hey who's that -" Jonathan swung the potrait open, and gluped nervously at Julia. Emily tip toed, since all she could see was her friend's strawberry blond hair pinned up.

They made their way and Emily glanced around, amazed by the scarlet and gold banners hung at the common room. They had comfortable velvet armchairs, and the place was full of wine and firewhiskey. The students danced around, chattering loudly at people.

The boys nudged each other, and Emily could feel their eyes on her back, watching her every move. She found Connor in the middle of a crowd, and he waved at her. Emily squeezed past some elder students and she finally gasped a little after crossing the swarm of girls.