Chapter 20: Helping A Friend

Tom was mad at her for several days

Tom was mad at her for several days. Emily wished she hadn't did it. It was a couple of days after Christmas, and she had done the same thing for the last two years. They hung around, played snow even if Tom seem less interested in throwing snowballs at her anymore.

She had accidentally mentioned about the orphanage and he immediately turned furious. Emily apolagised quite a couple of times, but he simply ignored her or glared if she became too annoying.

"He's not talking still, Julia, if you noticed," Emily sulked, barely paying attention to Transfiguration class. Dumbledore was explaining lots of things, but her mind hadn't been processing it throughly. She had wrote the notes down but it wasn't that accurate like the rest of her classes.

"Honestly.. I've been thinking of a guy..."Julia said in a hush tone.

"You? A guy?" Emily almost giggled loudly when she mentioned it.

"Shut up. I'm still a teenage girl, alright? Teenage girls have stuff like this.." she rolled her eyes.

"Agreed. But, who is it?" Emily asked carefully.

Julia looked uncertain. She obviously didn't trust her that much to just let Emily know. It might be super embarrassing to say it.

"Um, you sure you can keep it a secret? I don't want him to know. He knows I hates him. I still have pride, alright?" she babbled out the words quickly.

Emily slowly nodded her head, "You hate a lot of guys."

"Yes, I do. But.. Ugh, this is such a pain in the arse!" Julia accidentally shouted and Dumbledore turned his attention towards her.

"What was that, Julia?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," she shut her mouth and pretended to listen when she whispered to Emily again.

"Are you sure you will not tell anyone?"

"I promise. But I think I'll laugh," Emily grinned.

"If you laugh, I'll tell Riddle you like him and sneaked a love potion into his drink! He's just across the room."

She laughed a bit, "I won't do such things.. Come on, tell me who it is.."

She sighed loudly, "It's Jonathan Lewis -"

Emily couldn't control her laughter. She laughed out loud the moment his name slipped out from her mouth and giggled, hugging her stomach.

"I-I'm sorry! I-" she laughed again. Dumbledore twinkled his eyes.

"What's so funny, Emily?"

She swatted her hands in front of her, "Nothing! Nothing!"

The class continued, "For how long already?"

She sighed in irritant, "For two years I think.. I never really let anyone know."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't think I accepted my own feelings."