Chapter 31: Sneaking Out

"As you can see, we've all had managed to discover the uncommon creature last week, so in my knowledge, you can start brewing the potion today," Slughorn cast a proud smile at Tom, who was already all prepared to get started

Emily was behind, sitting with Julia. She had trouble finding the correct ones, and her friend is absolutely no help.

"Miss Anderson, if you mind, could you at least pay attention?" she hissed quietly at the girl who was playing with her hair.

"Come on Emily, half of the class doesn't even know what Slughorn is talking about!" she protested, pushing her straight hair behind.

"But I need to finish it!"

Julia looked at her. "Fine," she agreed as she saw the desperate look on her face.

********
"Well at least I got it almost right," the both of them strolled down the corridor, then went down to enter the large doors.

The Great Hall was swarming with students, grabbing brooms, chattering, and finishing their homework. They joined their friends, who was already waiting for another serving of beef and potatoes.

As she was eating her bacon, she heard a zooming sound, but didn't bothered to look up. Then it became louder, and it seemed to be just above her...

"Hey princess! PRINCESS!" Connor shouted from above, looking delighted. Slytherins looked up in annoyance, Gryffindors watched him in amusement, and the ravenclaws were so into their own conversations that they didn't heard him.

He was riding his broom, and dropped a flower down that it just fell on her head.

She took it and read the message stuck to the flower : Meet me at the quidditch pitch. I've got something for you. Promise me you'll be there.

Love, Connor

"I'll see you!" he winked at her and zoomed out of the Great Hall. Emily suppressed a smile. That was romantic of him to do so. Quietly, she sneaked out, leaving her friends in a puzzle and hurried there.

There he was, swinging his new broom, looking delighted at her arrival.

She smiled, "What is it?"

"Come, I'll bring you somewhere," he took her hand.

"But where?" Emily asked, mounting his broom, clutching his waist tightly as he soared up.

"To Hogesmade!"

"What?" she said in astonishment, "But we've got lessons! It's a school day, Connor! Put me down!"

"Not going to," he smirked, "We've got the whole place to ourselves!" and he sped his broom, blasting into the air with an incredible speed.

They soared passed the hills, Hogesmade station where the train first stopped because it was impossible to apparate to Hogwarts, and landed at Hogesmade.