Chapter 57: In Your Arms

Emily appeared back at the mansion, but this time, Connor Marshall was there

Emily appeared back at the mansion, but this time, Connor Marshall was there. Her anger boiled up in her. Where was he when she needed him? She was almost killed!

"There you are! I thought - I thought you were -"

"Dead?" she hardened her voice, balling her fists tightly.

"I'm so sorry, I really am! I didn't know it was a trap! My father took me away and locked me up in the dungeon without my wand so I wouldn't go to you... I'm very sorry," he bursted into tears and she had to melt at the sight of him.

"It's not your fault," she whispered and pat his back soothingly.

Emily let go of him and looked around. She left him in the room as she hurried down the stairs, sprinting through the broken pieces of furniture. He must be there.

Natuarally, Tom was standing on the brick road, back facing her. Emily had a sudden train of doubts. Surely he had realised that he would only love her after she died... Right? Then it was pointless saving him.

He slowly turned. Emily's heartbeat fastened. Tom looked at her, surprised. Connor quickly came up behind and held her back from charging towards the slytherin.

"Connor, I - I don't want to marry you. I'm sorry, I love Tom. And he loved me back..."

He nodded sadly. "I know. I knew it would happen."
With one more look of concern, she started running towards him. She ran and ran till she was enveloped by his arms. Tom kissed her lips repeatedly, closing all the gap between them. She felt sparks in the air as she touched his soft hair.

"You're alive," he spoke softly, caressing her beautiful face.

"I am. You're - you're still going to do the horcrux, right? It's not -"

"I won't if you don't want me to.." he kissed her firmly before she could even say anything else. The weather was cool and nice, the wind ruffling thier hair and clothes.

She paused and hugged him tightly, letting out a sob of relief. "You're finally safe with me," she whispered.

Tom smiled. "You're with me, aren't you?"

"I am and will always be."

"Let's stay like this for a while.." she pressed her body against him so that he wouldn't let her go.

"Alright.." he kissed her head and they stayed together like this, finally back in each other's loving arms.