Chapter 51: The Proposal

Emily sat herself down onto the dry grass, watching the valleys below and the sparkle of the black lake rushing

"Hey... Feeling alright?" Connor came up to her and sat himself close.

"I'm feeling better now that you're here," she rested her head onto his shoulder, watching the pink sky with puffy, white clouds.

"I'll always be here," he put an arm around her and snuggled himself closer.

"You got a fever a month ago after you stayed in the rain... Don't do that again, alright?" he kissed her softly.

Emily smiled brightly at him. "Alright, alright.. Thank you for taking care of me. You're always by my side."

"I told you," he laughed, "I'll always be here for you."

"Why do you love me so much?"

Connor pulled her away and make her look at him. "Because.. You're the most special girl I've ever met. From the first moment I met you, I know that you had a great personality.. You knew how to care for others, love people. Something that not everyone has."

"Really? I'm a bit selfish though. I didn't gave you much time.." she looked down at her feet, sighing.

"Look at me," Connor raised her chin, "When I saw you for the first time, I had decided who will be my first and last girlfriend, as well as my wife and the person that I want to grow old with."

Emily let her jaw hung open. "You just said - you just said -"

"Yes. I want to marry you. We can settle down after we graduate..." he started to laugh nervously. A thousand bombs blew up in her and her stomach felt jittery.

"I - I think that'll be a splendid idea," Emily gave him a warm smile and pressed her lips gently against his.

"Yes?"

Emily had to chuckle. "Yes."

Connor jumped, and started to race towards the ancient castle. "OH MERLIN! I'M MARRYING EMILY! YES!" he cheered loudly. Emily had to chase after him to shut him up.

*********
Rumors spread around.

"How many kids?"

"White or pink for your wedding gown?"

"Chocolate or strawberry?"

"Big house or -"

"Enough!" Emily screamed, shooing her friends away, "We've got to wait for more than a year! That was the most awkward proposal, honestly."

"It's twenty two months, to be exact, but - who cares? You're officially a couple! Married or not!" Chloe said dreamily.

"I didn't think of marrying him. But when he spoke those words, I knew I had to said yes..." Emily brushed her hair, smiling widely.

"Aww... So cute," Julia commented, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Stop it! Let's focus on our studies now for the moment, alright?"

All of them groaned loudly. "You don't need to remind us!" Chloe huffed, plopping herself down onto her comfy bed.

"Oh, I got to go!" she exclaimed, taking his large, merlot jumper with her. Emily had decided to put the past behind her. She was going to erase all her memories with Tom, even if it was difficult.

They never talked after that day, or even make eye contact. Surprisingly, she was fine with it, now that Connor is with her.

She had fell for him gradually and the moments they had healed her wound, even if it wasn't that effective as her memories with the slytherin.

"Hey, Mrs Marshall!" Jonathan  laughed and waved, "Going to see your fiancé?"

"Oh, stop with the jokes!" Emily blushed, "He's not my husband yet!"

"Yet," he emphasized the word, grinning, "Remember to invite me for your wedding a thousand years later!"

"Yeah. Bye," she waved him off and went to the quidditch pitch. Connor was practicing and she watched him from below. She stayed quite far away so that she wouldn't distract him.

Emily sat down and hummed.

"Finally marrying him?"

The sound of the voice made her felt angry and sad. "Go away," she spat, "You have no right to interfere anymore."

"I do," Tom walked casually around her, "You're still mine."

She gulped. "No I'm not. I don't belong to you or anyone. I, only have the authority to decide it!"

"Perhaps not."

"What is your problem?" she snapped, "I had enough of you!"

"You don't," he corrected her, "I know you."

Her hands trembled with rage. "I don't want to be with you anymore. I've lost all my hope. You want to make the horcrux? Then go make it,"she whispered, turning her back.

"I make it or not, you'll be with me either way."

Emily stopped walking. Her stomach made a turn and she straightened her pink jumper. "I've made my mind! I can't live like this, waiting for you!" she lowered her voice, "I want a family. I want someone to love me back."

"And the sad thing is, you still love me."

Emily knew that was the truth. She had a soft spot for him, but this time, she wouldn't back down that easily. She can't take it anymore. All those years, she had been waiting for him and he never really returned the love. So why fight for it now?

"I've stopped loving you since you left me," she growled and went off, searching for Connor.

Tom felt a piercing pain in his chest. It really did hurt. But he wasn't going to be like the rest of the boys, who begged and cried to get their lovers back. He's Tom Riddle, heir of slytherin, leader of the death eaters, and also the immortal.

He wouldn't bow down to love. Not him. Tom wouldn't admit that there was a part of his heart that had wanted to chase after her and apolagised. He guessed pride took over the feeling. Just two more weeks and he'll be prepared to make the horcrux. And by then... He'll reconsider her feelings for him.