Chapter 54: His Words

(play 'hold on' by chord overstreet)

Tom sat on his black leather chair. He drank from his goblet and put it down again. All his followers were downstairs in the Malfoy Manor, excited to kill more people.

Olivia came up and carressed his face."Why do you looked so tense?" she whispered. She sat herself on his lap, her long fingernails tracing his cheeks.

"I'm not tense," he meet her eyes and drank another goblet.

"Don't worry.. The aurors should probably be arriving any second. We can have pleasure killing all of them," Olivia kissed him.

"Oh, we will?"

"Yes of course," she laughed softly.  Her eyes had a murderous look, a look where they greed for power.

"I suppose they will come..." he muttered, looking outside at the pouring rain. It always rains in this time of the month, and it was starting to annoy Tom.

"Funny.. I thought they were suppose to find out where we would be.. What's taking them so long?" she grumbled, playing with her wand.

"Oh I don't know....Didn't they know that we'll be here?"

Olivia rolled her eyes. "How do I know? They're so dumb."

He took her by the waist and pushed her off him, which she didn't seem too please to do so. Tom put on his dark robes and hid his wand in his belt.

"Where are you going?"

"To Marshall's house. Frederick Marshall should be there," he said in a matter of fact.

"Get one of your followers to do it. We can talk about our strategies here, in this room," Olivia winked at him.

He smirked. "Later. I will be checking on someome there..." he exited himself from the office and got downstairs. With a swirl of wind, he apparated away.

Tom looked around. There was no party, no people, and the whole entire house was deserted. The house was so cold, and in the middle where it was supposed to be a ballroom, was splattered with blood.

He searched the whole place, but there was only shattered glass, crumbled tiles and cement on the shiny floor. Where is everyone?

He went outside, and paced around the garden, stepping onto the flowers gladly. Tom glanced at the bed of white flowers. White flowers.

He rushed outside, and saw a figure lying on the ground. At that moment, he completely forgot about the horcrux, the power, Olivia, his followers, and the entire world. All his focus went towards the limp body.

Tom sped towards it and he kneeled. He was afraid to turn her body around. She was back facing him, not moving an inch.

Slowly, he met her beautiful face. They had always been beautiful, no matter what the occasion is. But she didn't open her eyes. They were shut tightly.

Tom cradled her in his arms, carresing her face. There were so many wounds, so many scars. How did this happen? She was suppose to he happy, to be dancing about with that good for nothing fiancé of hers.

His eyes went to her hands. She was clutching the red necklace. That night....

"I love you so much.." she whispered, as gentle as the wind.

She looked up and smiled, "Because you want nothing."

"And?"

"So I gave you everything."

Not her... Why was she so stupid? She had probably - sacrificed herself. Tom felt like he had a piece of his heart dug out. Is this what if feels like to be... Heartbroken?

Emily. The girl who loved him. But there was the question mark that he always gave her. She never got the chance to hear it.

Tom felt so lonely, even if he had dozens and dozens of followers with him. Why did she had to leave? He couldn't even describe his own feelings. And that's why he didn't want to love. He felt so pathetic, and yet he, the all mighty slytherin, couldn't save her.

Love destructs you. But isn't it easy for him now? He wouldn't need to worry that she'll block his way to endless power.

"I love you too. Forgive me, Emily," he bend down and kissed her softly. He was consumed in his bitter sorrow that he didn't realised that the drops of tears falling from his eyes. She was worth crying for, after all.

And the camelian flowers she gave him every valentine finally withered away in his dormitory.

She's a flower herself, but he really did forget that flowers died easily...