Chapter 7: Christmas Suprise

Emily looked one more time at the scribbled letter with many crossed out words and sentences

Emily looked one more time at the scribbled letter with many crossed out words and sentences. The last part where she pressed too much ink on starting dribbling down the pale parchment. She wiped it quickly before the drop of darkness landed on her sweater.

Dear Mother/Mrs Vance,

How are you doing, Mother? I will not be coming back for Christmas this year because there is a friend that I made- Tom Riddle, and he won't be going back home. He'll be lonely at Hogwarts so could you prepare presents for him? Clothes,books, anything except girl's stuff. You don't have to buy me anything for exchange - honestly. Choose something nice- his birthday is on the the thirty first. I'm planning to surprise him! I'm really sorry, I hope Mr Baxter is treating you well (I'm still not calling him dad) and do take good care of yourself.

Love,
Emily

She sighed, folded the parchment, and sealed it with a string. Emily signaled her owl, Pliny, tied it to its thin leg and it batted its enormous rufous wings and flew away until it was a little dot on the sky.

Emily waited for days and she hugged her friends goodbyes on the twentieth of December, helping them carried their luggages to the train.

"Oh I'll be back before you know it!" Julia had squeezed her tightly and she watched her thin figure dissappeared among the crowds.

Emily sat at her bed, feeling tired as her spent her day just laying down, eating candies and revising her Charms textbook. It was very boring. She yawned loudly then snuggled up against her blanket and fell asleep.

The first sound that awoke her was someone placing some boxes in the dormitory, and Emily heard the door shut. She felt so lonely without her friends, and turned to another side to go back into her dreams when her eyes spotted a brightly coloured green wrapping paper.

Emily got off her bed and gasped as many, many presents laid on the soft, warm carpet.

She bend down and tore open the thin evenlope on everything she received.

Dear Emily,

I've received your letter and was very touch of your kindness so I did as you said - Mother prepared twelve of them for your dear friend - Tom Riddle, and two more for you - don't open then till its Christmas - I know what you're like. Also, you have to do me one more favour - you have to tell me every single thing about your friend immediately after you read this or you're grounded for the holidays when you get back home. Your stepdad hadn't did anything to me, he complains a lot when Aunt Mary had stayed to keep me company. She will be  at our home temporarily. I love you, darling.

From,
Mrs Vance /your mother

A grin spread across her face and she traced the thin outline of her mother's words. How neatly written it was. Emily hadn't wipe the grin off her face as she descended down her dormitory and went out to the Great Hall.