Chapter 44: A Date With You

Emily watched the sun set behind the hills, outlining the green to a bright orange, blinding her with the fiery light

She squinted and picked the petals from the camelian flower she grew, the white petals falling down to the grass below.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Connor came strolling next to her, looking at her lovingly. Emily immediately felt a wave of sadness.

"I-I'm just thinking."

"Thinking of me?" he laughed, kissing her forehead. Even more guilt and sadness.

"I'll go to the library for a while.. See you, Connor," she broke her gaze from the sunset and rushed past him.

"Sure..." he watched her back till she ducked out of the common room. Emily didn't even know where to go. Away from the two of them would be fine... She needed something to distract her, and books weren't help at such a situation.

Emily walked past the gardens and set herself down onto the balcony, where she could see the bridge connecting the two places together. She really wanted to break down and cry. It was too much, and she hated being pulled around like she was some kind of game.

She sighed deeply, when he just had to be there when she didn't want to see him.

"Watching the sunset?"

"Tom. Please go away," she shrugged him off, fidgeting with her fingers.

"I won't."

Emily rubbed her face, leaning against the boulder for support. She felt so much pressure. He was the reason why she cheated on Connor, even if she couldn't help it. Emily had become the one ruining their relationship.

Tom walked closer till she could smell that familiar smell coming off his robes.

"I have something to tell you."

"And what's that?" she turned her head towards him, not even a bit enthusiastic to hear the news.

"Not here.." he looked around, then back to her.

"Do you want to go on a date?"

The offer made her heart flutter like crazy, but again, it made her felt even worse. There was a fine line between loving it and disliking it.

"I-I can't. I have a boyfriend..I shouldn't be around you, Tom. Not anymore."

"Ouch," he replied sarcastically, "But I know you want to come."

"That's -" she paused, knowing that he's speaking the truth, "I- I mustn't.. I mustn't.." she mumbled.

Tom scowled. "I'll be seeing you on Sunday at Hogesmade Station. Whether you agreed or not,"and he walked off.

"Oh Merlin.."Emily groaned. This was turning out more worse than she thought.

********
She picked out a baby blue dress with a spaghetti strap neckline that compliments her eyes. Emily fussed about with her hair, trying to get the comb out. She yanked and pulled until it was wretched out of her light curls.