Chapter 45: Almost Expelled

"Hey, you've got a new assigned duty,"Rebecca nudged her arm, walking briskly past the ravenclaws

"And what's that?" Emily mouthed to her, scribbling a few names down the parchment.

"You're suppose to check on a third year who's in Gryffindor. He hadn't came to detention, you know.. Slughorn consulted him."

"Alright.." Emily sighed, scrolling the parchment up, "Where is he? And what's his name?"

"Rubeus Hagrid, the half giant. He's currently near the charms classroom... I don't know what's he's up to."

"I'll be on with it," and they separated ways, Rebecca heading towards the quidditch pitch. Emily made a few turns and saw the half giant ducking under the door, whispering words of comfort to a large creature.

"Hagrid is that you?" Emily whispered, taking her wand out.

"Emily! I- so yeh know, I -" he blocked the way, darting his eyes left and right  in alarmed.

There came a hissing sound behind him, and she spotted a hairy leg crawling around the desks.

"Hagrid," she gasped, "Is that - an acromantula?"

"Yeh mustn't tell anyone that the spider is here, please! Spare him!" he shouted in desperation, tears brimming his eyes.

"Alright alright, calm down first. Why is it here?" she tried her best to speak in a soothing tone, even if she was very afraid of the toxic creature behind him.

"Aragog is my friend! I promised to keep him safe! All yeh have to do is to put him safely in the forbidden forest an' no one's going to get hurt!" he pleaded.

Emily thought about it. Surely if the creature could be removed safely, then it'll be alright, wouldn't it?

"Oh alright.. I'll help you."

"Don' yeh tell anyone 'bout it, Emily. It might get me in big ol trouble!" he moved aside and there it was, a gigantic spider with hairy legs, with beady black eyes and some of them milky white. It crawled, it's legs thudding against the floor. It hissed and lunged at Emily, but Hagrid blocked its way.

"Woah, Aragog! She's a friend! Yeh can't eat her."

It hissed in protest, but with a couple more sentences of comfort, it finally stopped snarling, but it never kept his eyes away from her.

"How are we going to move him? There's so many students!" Emily glanced suspiciously outside.

"Yeh'll guard outside while I break the glass. Let's hope no one sees him!"

"Silenco," Emily muttered, pointing at the walls as she did. She went out the large doors and kept an eye around the surroundings until Hagrid came out unharm.

"I'm done! All safe, eh?" he grinned widely, his curly brown hair drooping down his forehead as he wiped his brow.

"Your welcome," she smiled, "And let's hope Aragog's safe in the forbidden forest.