Chapter 11: Crush?

Emily was sure she wasn't going to freak out and started worrying when the Hogwarts train came into view

Emily was sure she wasn't going to freak out and started worrying when the Hogwarts train came into view. But she was dead wrong.

As soon as she set foot onto it, Emily quickly looked back and saw Aunt Mary waving, smiling so widely that she felt a bit comforted. Her mother had went off to Hampshire a few days ago for a business trip.

Emily was horrified that she wouldn't be there to see her go to Hogwarts for her second year and panicked until she cried.

I'll be with Tom and my friends, she reassured herself. Come on, come on, the doors are closing! Find a compartment, Emily! She's sure that she would find her friends somewhere. Just take a few steps and you'll be alright!

Emily pushed past the older students and searched for her friends, but they were nowhere in sight. She felt her luggage rolled through someone's feet and the gryffindor lad winced.

"Hey! Watch where you pulled that luggage of yours!" he shouted at her, earning a few death glares.

"Sorry," Emily muttered and hurried off further inside. She hadn't look up from that incident onwards because she was embarrassed when her head slammed into someone else's.

Emily let go of that luggage and it rolled off another side while she slipped onto her shoes and landed on her bottom. Oh Merlin! She scolded herself and felt her cheeks heating up.

"Oi! Girl, you better -" the person she slammed into muttered and was loss for words when he saw her teary eyes.

"Um, are you okay?" he crouched in front of her and took her hands, then she felt herself being pulled up. Emily looked away. She didn't even want to know who he was.

"Aren't you - Emily Vance?" he said.

She turned her head, "Connor? Connor Marshall from Hufflepuff?"

He smiled kindly. "Yes, I'm from your year, remmeber? Er, are you okay?"

Emily pulled her hands back in embarrassment and laughed quietly. "Sorry, oh there's my luggage!"

He helped her took it before it rolled down again and gave it to her. She looked at him, then smiled gratefully.

"Thank you, Connor - even if I didn't spoke to you much last year," and Emily looked away as he smiled back. He sure was good looking.

"It's alright! Where are you going?" Connor asked, concerned.

"Er, I'm trying to find my -"

"Do you want to sit with me and my friends?"

"Sure. I mean, if I don't -"

He laughed at her. "You're silly, come on! I'll help you take that!" he took hold of her handle, grabbed her wrist and the both of them zipped past other Gryffindors and into the crowd.