Chapter 35: Lost A Bit

"Tom! Tom!" Emily rushed to his dormitory

"Tom! Tom!" Emily rushed to his dormitory. She knocked on the stone wall, hoping he would open it. No one answered and she knocked again, even if she could use the password.

A girl opened the door. Emily recognised her at once. It was the transfer student from Ilvermorny, the American wizarding school. She was indeed beautiful with her tanned complexion.

"Well well, look who's here. Looking for Tom, I suppose?" she drawled. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail and she had a silver locket of a snake hanging around her neck.

"You're... Olivia, right?" Emily asked, fidgeting with her bracelet.

"That's obviously me," the slytherin girl gave her a cold smile and looked down at her bracelet.

"Are you - are you close with Tom?" the words came out so sudden that Emily was shocked herself too. She had been thinking this idea for a couple of times and hadn't really gotten a proper answer.

"Me? I must say, I'm playing hard to get. He's been chasing me around, flirting and all - just to get me in his group of friends. Of course we do fight sometimes... But we end up.. Doing the opposite. I rarely gave it his way," Olivia examined her fingernails.

"O-oh.. I see.." she bit her bottom lip and she felt her bracelet pulled out of her wrist.

"This looked so childish on you," Olivia took it and brushed her fingers on the cheap metal.

"Hey! Could you give that back? My father gave it to me.." she quickly stretched her hand out.

"Your father? How sweet. I think it's a miracle that you're a pureblood witch. Purebloods are mostly rich," Olivia spunned the bracelet on her forefinger in amusement.

"My father died," and she immediately closed her mouth after saying it out loud.

"Oh, did he?" she said surprisingly, with no trace of sympathy in her voice.

"Yes, and I don't need you to rub it in my face. You don't know what it's like," she felt her fingers trembled as she spoke quietly.

"And what makes you think that I care?" Olivia send her a sharp glance,"It's just your father. You don't even know him. It's pathetic."

"I know that he loves me and my mom very much. I've never seen it, but I felt it, and you know what? I give you my greatest sympathy of all people, for love is something that you could not have," she blurted out.

Olivia slapped her harshly that it left a burning red mark on Emily's face." Don't you ever lecture me about love. And mind you, you're going to waste that stupid, foolish one you keep for Tom. He doesn't love you back, no matter how much you try. You know him even lesser than you think," and she threw the bracelet on the ground, vaporizing it into pieces till it was all gone.

"No!" Emily had screamed and tried to save the piece of polished metal, but it was left nothing except for soot and dust. She scraped the ground and sank to her knees. It was the only thing that was left by her father for her.