Chapter 33: A Bit Drunk

"Er no, go figure it out yourself!" Julia pushed Chloe further away from her, scooting near to Emily instead

"But you know who it is, right?" Chloe came closer, not backing away.

Emily arched an eyebrow. "What's going on?"

"She's forcing me to ask her about Tobias's new girlfriend!" she grumbled. "I don't even know her! I just heard it from the rumours!"

"But you know everything!" Chloe protested, shaking her shoulder violently.

"Guys - quiet down! I'm trying to focus on some homework."

Julia smirked at her. "Yes yes, Miss Prefect," she poked the yellow and gold badge on her robes, "You're getting more boring than I thought."

"Ugh, stop pulling my robes!" she smacked the back of Chloe's hand. "Fine I'll tell you! Merena Rerecord. That girl that got elected as prefect this year, just like Emily."

Chloe made a whimpering noise and sulked, playing with the goblet in her hands, occasionally turning back to catch a glimpse of her crush behind.

"It's just the third week at school and you're all lovesick," Julia complained,"How annoying is that."

"I've got duties. See you guys later at the dormitory. Eat your dinner, Chloe. Take care of your health," Emily comforted the chubby girl.

"Hey do you mind if you'd help me find out a reducing weight potion, pretty please?" she begged at the prefect.

Emily sighed. "Alright.. If I had time.." and she left with her wand ready, searching the corridors.

********
Tom was a bit drunk. He'd never intended to try the bottles of firewhiskey that Alphard Black brought, but he was such in a good mood that he drank a few cups.

He had discovered a hidden part of the castle successfully, earned fifty points for slytherin and his team of friends had terrorised some muggle born students. It was the perfect day.

But there was in itchy feeling in his heart. A longing for something, and Tom was very disturbed by it.

"Pass the drink, Anna," he ordered the girl to bring another goblet. She placed it on the table next to him and he drank it down. It tasted good.

Tom scanned the common room, watching people laughing and drinking. His eyes landed on a girl. She had long brown hair... Is that Emily? What is she doing here?

He watched the girl suspiciously. It was a bit hard to focus as his vision were getting blurry. He should stop drinking. Tom wasn't stupid to let himself do idiotic things like his friends.

The girl was coming closer. She looked like Emily. She had blue eyes, pale skin.. And a prefect. It had to be her. Without thinking, he stood up and grabbed her by the the waist so suddenly that her cup of wine spilled a little on the ground.