Chapter 29: An Attack

Connor didn't asked her about it anymore

Connor didn't asked her about it anymore. Their conversations were the usual, and he pretended that nothing had happened at that night.

Emily had wanted to ask him, but she knew that her heart still belonged to Tom. She couldn't get rid of her feelings that easily even if she started dating another guy.

And today was the probably the worst day of the week. She was paired up with none other than Ignatius Prewett, Tom's roommate. They were suppose to finish a potion together in class so that they can be graded quickly without dragging it.

Emily had started shooting daggers to the soured face slytherin, who didn't look too happy to have a hufflepuff for a partner. She knew he was very skilled at Potions and wouldn't want her to slow him down.

Emily made her way to him, taking her wand and some bottles off the shelves to his table.

"You'd better not ruined this, Vance," he glared disapprovingly at her.

"I'll try my best," she said proudly, "And you'd better not annoy me. I won't be bothered redoing it by myself."

"Whatever," Ignatius muttered and they started the potion. They were making good progress when they came to a step where both have different ideas.

"I say we stirred it first. It's better to make the ingredients spread out evenly and wait for the bubbles to appear," Emily suggested.

"No. You can't wait for it, you have to put in the frog's legs -"

"What? That's wrong! Slughorn clearly said we should stir -"

"Listen here! I'm better at this, so I'm putting the frog legs in first," he snarled and picked up the glass bottle with a green cap sealed tightly.

Emily threw the long brown decayed limbs at him irritably, making a fuss over the cauldron.

"Stop it!"he shouted," Don't try to - "

But Emily had already grabbed the ladle, stirring the cauldron furiously. She believed that she was correct, much to his annoyance. She was not going to let him fail this project. Her notes clearly jotted down Slughorn's instructions and she was sure of it.

Ignatius didn't backed out. He snatched the ladle away and threw the frog legs inside without thinking. Emily furiously tried to grab it back but he was much too tall.

"A bit short, Vance? Perhaps -"

Kaboom! The contents flew out, splattering other students and a very displeased Slughorn who just so happened to stand in front of them.

Ignatius glared at her and balled his fists. "Well? Are you happy now?"

"Detention both of you!" the Potions master tutted and went on towards Tom, who was paired up with a very flirty gryffindor.