Chapter 55: A Chance

Emily rubbed her eyes

Emily rubbed her eyes. She had thought she would never see the daylight again, but here she was, looking up at the clear, blue sky with her back on the ground.

Is she dead? She must be. Could this be paradise? But shouldn't she been on the clouds..? Heaven doesn't need to be on the sky, right?

She groaned as she sat up. All her scars and wounds had been gone as if they had never existed on her body at all. This place looked... Familiar.

Emily was still in her dress, and the place was full of..camelian flowers. A gasp escaped her mouth as she saw her father's grave. What is she doing here in Italy?

There was crunching sounds behind her, like someone stepping onto the hard soil. Emily quickly whipped around and she stood there, frozen with shock.

There was a man in front of her. He was very good looking, and he had a navy blue shirt on with a pair of trousers. The man held a little book in his hands.

"Hello darling."

"What?" she mumbled, and made her way nearer to take a closer look. Their eyes meet and Emily stared hard at him. He had.. The same icy blue eyes as hers.

"Dad?" she croaked, her hands trembling. Emily had so many feelings at once. Anger, guilt, sadness but she was over all - relieved.

"You've grown so much," he laughed a bit, "I never saw you before. You indeed do have your mother's looks and my eyes."

"Dad!" she ran and hugged him tightly. He didn't felt like a stranger at all. Emily had thought she knew him for all her life even if he wasn't there.

"You're a big girl," the elder man grinned at his daughter. She bursted into tears and hugged him again, crushing him.

Her father laughed. "Oh, alright, alright! You're suffocating me!"

She finally let go. "I'm dead, right?"

He smiled. "Not really."

"What do you mean?" she said through sobs.

"You have a chance. A chance to fix everything, Emily. Come here," he pulled her close and they were dragged into another dimension full of bubbles with pictures in it.

"This is Harry Potter... After you died, Lord Voldemort tried to kill him, but he failed," he pointed at a boy with a scar on his head, sleeping on someone's doorstep.

"Lord Voldemort? Isn't that -"

"Yes, yes... Your new names is..."I am Lord Voldemort. How's that?"

His lips curled into a smirk, "Lord Voldemort. I like it. Perhaps that shall be me someday.. The most powerful wizard of all time.."

"That name.." she stared into the bubble.

"Yes, he tried to kill the boy. In Harry's fourth year, he came back because he made seven horcruxes with the help of his previous followers.."

"Seven?" she gasped, "His soul is split into seven?"

"Sadly, yes," her father looked grim,"And now there's a war going on. You've been asleep for more than fifty years. But now it's time for you to go back. Save everyone, save Harry and his friends... And him."

"He can't be save," she looked away, "I tried many times."

"And you have to try again," her father looked at her with a soft expression, "You mustn't give up on love."

"But how?" she shouted, "I can't help him! He doesn't listens! Not even after I died, dad.."

"He regretted your death painfully... Would you be surprise that he had missed you? He had asked for your forgiveness that day.. I heard it myself. He had loved you too."

"What?" she whispered, "He did?"

Her father gave her a dry smile. "He did."

Emily sucked the air around her. "I don't believe it..."

"Listen. You don't have much time, and I'm afraid that Harry Potter is going to die... Well he'll be lucky if he met Dumbledore.."

"But I don't know what to do!" she cried in desperation.

"The patronus charm. Both of you - cast it together... And I assure you, it'll work. It contains the greatest memories, especially when it comes to Voldemort. Remmeber that," his voice was starting to fade away at every word.

"But - I - wait!"

"Do it!"

"Alright!" she shouted back, breathless.

They transported back to his graveyard and her father's image started fading away. "Oh, and Emily?"

"Yes?"

"Give this to your mother.." he handed a blue iris flower to her hand.

She looked into his eyes. It really did reflected her looks. "Do you still love mom?"

"Every day, every night, every minute, every second."

Emily smiled at his answer. "Thank you, dad," she hugged him one last time, breathing the scent of flowers from his clothes.

"Go on... You got a man to save."

"I will."