Chapter 27: Cuddling

"Where's the cake?" Julia grumbled as she opened the dormitory door again, waiting impatiently

"I'm sure Connor's delivering it any minute. The three of us are going back for Christmas, are you sure you're gonna spend the weekend with Tom Riddle again?" Chloe asked her.

Emily smiled a bit, "Yes."

"Yes," Julia mimicked her, "You're even happy to do so! But why? I told you he - had many girls.."

"I know. And at the same time I don't -"

"Cake's here!" Rebecca shouted and Connor's head poked out from the door as he made his way through the heaps of clothes.

"How'd you get in the girls dormitory?" Emily asked, baffled.

"I used my broom," he winked.

"That's - that's -"

"Amazing?"

"Absolutely disgusting," she corrected him,"How could you do that when we need our privacy?"

"Sorry," he smiled cheekily and sat down. They sat around a circle, and Rebecca lighted some candles to get the scent hovering in the room.

"Alright, let's make a Christmas wish!" Julia exclaimed and adjusted the cake. It was chocolate, coated with vanilla and little reindeers were perched on the top.

"I wish that I'll get the snitch again," Connor laughed and blew out a candle.

"I wish that I'll marry Tobias," Chloe grinned widely at the thought of it.

"Excuse me, what?" Julia stared incredulously at her, "That's an adult wish!"

"I don't care."

"Well then, I wish that I make it to the team this year," Rebecca sighed.

"Well don't worry - once I become captain then you'll be in the team. I'll train you!" Connor encouraged her and blew out another candle.

"I wish.. That I'll have a good Christmas with Tom," Emily smiled and picked on her fingernails.

"Yuck," Connor said in disgust,"Why him? Why won't you go back to Christmas? I'm sure that arse would've plenty of girls by his side..."

"I'm sure he would. But - you don't get it," Emily tore her gaze at his annoyed face and helped slice the cake with her wand. She was getting better each day. Her results were improving marvelously, more faster than she had imagined.

**********
The snow filled up the ground outside her window, and the circular room was dark. There was very little light, and the only source of it was a candle that was going to melt.

Emily was still wide awake. It was Christmas night, and she couldn't sleep a wink at all. Her mind was wandering about, and she had already missed her friends and family.